Cinderella Castle will be receiving this stunning golden makeover

BREAKING: Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom Getting Permanent Golden Makeover To Be Completed This Summer

The classic Magic Kingdom park icon, Cinderella Castle, is getting a makeover inspired by the animated classic, Cinderella, just in time for the film’s 70th anniversary.

Disney has shared the image of the prospective new look for the castle, which will feature golden touches and more royal blue turrets, while still keeping with the regal simplicity of the Walt Disney World icon since it opened in 1971.

Work is expected to begin in the next few weeks and will continue through the summer season.

Castle stage shows and nighttime fireworks like “Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire” and “Happily Ever After” are set to continue as normal.

David Leek
David Leek
4 months ago

The gold trimmings would make more sense to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the park since that is typically considered the “Golden” anniversary.

Don
Don
4 months ago

“while still keeping with the regal simplicity of the Walt Disney World icon since it opened in 1971″…..well except for that 25th anniversary birthday cake fiasco

Mike G
Mike G
4 months ago

When is it scheduled to be completed? We are going to be there from June 20th-30th. Will be the first time for our daughter, son-in-law and grandson

Brad W
Brad W
4 months ago

Since I could tell it was different but couldn’t tell exactly what was different, here’s a comparison picture of the castle today:
comment image

The big things I can tell are that the 2nd story and up will be painted pink, the spires will get a more royal shade of blue, and some of the accent stone that used to blend into the grey will now stand out in gold.

Ezekiel Cobb
Ezekiel Cobb
Reply to  Brad W

Thanks for posting comparison photo, very helpful!

Hannah
Hannah
4 months ago

Oh no 🥺 I really hate that new look!! If it ain’t broke don’t fix it…

Than
Than
4 months ago

I’m not a fan of that royal blue they did for ‘land’s castle. I love the traditional sky blue. But the gold looks nice.

Edgardo Agosto
Edgardo Agosto
4 months ago

Thanks for the news Jessica.

Kaitlin
4 months ago

We have planned our first ever trip to Disney World! We are going May of 2020. I hope there isn’t a lot of construction work around the castle. Its our son’s first time coming and hope to get some magical pictures of him with the castle!

Dominic B
Dominic B
4 months ago

The concept art honestly looks fantastic, and I’m happy that the change will last past the 70th anniversary celebrations. It looks so much more vibrant.

Liam Whitney
Liam Whitney
4 months ago

I’m just gonna say, that is disgusting. It’s not “more magical”, it just makes the castle look fake. I am a hardcore Disney parks fan, and unfortunately a lot of the changes in parks recently have been bad ones, but this is a new level. I’d even say it’s an outrage. If they wanted a Barbie playset, they already have one. Just look at Sleeping Beauty Castle’s new look. (And I personally think that it will look way better if they leave out the gold accents on the inverse “steps” underneath the turrets. Oh and the pink. Pink, blue, gold,… Read more »

JustJessee
JustJessee
4 months ago

This is going to look amazing! I’ve been secretly jealous of the bold colorful updates over at DL. Can’t wait to see the blue iridescent tiles over at WDW

Tim L
Tim L
4 months ago

Originally Cinderella Castle was the same color scheme as Cinderella’s gown, Silvery Grey and Blue. They should be going back to that but use some kind of metallic/pearl automotive paint… like a 60’s Corvette or Aston Martin? To make it look like the original with satin sheen to it, so it shimmers in the sunlight and helps reflect the night time projection show. Pink, Blue,and Gold are the Sleeping Beauty color scheme, and it looks great on the castle in Disneyland, but Cinderella Castle looks bigger and more majestic when it’s all one color, this concept art divides it up… Read more »

Moq
Moq
Reply to  Tim L

I agree with this. The castles look too similar now.

Tom J
Tom J
4 months ago

The Castle as it is, is Tradition! Some things can be changed, but this is something special that should not be messed with.

Tom J
Tom J
4 months ago

Maybe Disney should renamed to Jasmine’s Castle because it doesn’t look like Cinderella castle anymore.

Fabian
Fabian
Reply to  Tom J

Tom J! the castle doesn’t need a castle rename and a overhaul! so stop commenting!!

Tammy Mcmains
Tammy Mcmains
4 months ago

We are planning a trip to Disney World the first week of April. I have my Kids and Grandchildren all excited about the Castle. Will it be open? This is a trip of a lifetime for us and I hope that the work doesn’t ruin it. This is very expensive for our family, so please let me know if we should just go somewhere else?

Moq
Moq
Reply to  Tammy Mcmains

it will be under construction when you go. And I know everyone wants to get their memories captured with the iconic castle. But there are other castles at MK, like Ariel’s castle the Beast’s castle, that are fun to take pictures next to. If this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip for you, I suggest waiting until next year for the 50th anniversary of the park because less of it (hopefully NONE of it!) will be under construction.

Tom J
Tom J
4 months ago

Please,Please Please don’t do the gold! It looks cheap, not royal!!!😞😞😞. Very sad.

Fabian
Fabian
Reply to  Tom J

but Disney is trying its best to make guests happy!

Erik
Erik
4 months ago

This new color palette looks pretty similar to
le Chateau de la Belle au Bois Dormant in Disneyland Paris, which is pretty hot. Will it work great on Cinderella? We’ll see. I appreciate the warmer tones and I bet that gold will really sparkle in the Florida sun.

comment image

Kimmy
Kimmy
4 months ago

Will the MNSSHP fireworks & show be affected by this?

greg
greg
3 months ago

It looks a little cheap compared to the original paint colors. I’m not opposed to a change but they could have done better with their choice of colors then what they did.