The impact of Coronavirus is being seen across all operating arms of The Walt Disney Company, with closures of all Disney theme parks around the world, and suspensions of Disney Cruise Line voyages. Up until now, we hadn’t heard much on the front of Adventures By Disney. Adventures By Disney takes Disney guided excursions all over the world. This would be a line of business that seems like would be impacted heavily by the Coronavirus pandemic. There are now large-scale stipulations in place that should give you much clarity around the situation. Hopefully, these stipulations will give you a little peace of mind for your future ventures.
Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to evolve quickly and Adventures by Disney is closely monitoring global developments and following the advice of public health authorities, medical experts and officials in the destinations we visit.In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Guides, Adventures by Disney has decided to suspend new departures through the end of March, excluding the Australia adventure, departing March 15 that will continue as scheduled. Additionally, based on updated travel guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is also necessary to cancel the following adventures:
- Disneyland Resort & Southern California departures through March
- Disneyland & Southern California Escape departures through March
- England and France departures through April
- England and France departures through April
- Egypt departures through April
- Greece departures through April
- Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos departures through May
- Italy departures through May
- Italy and Amalfi Coast departures through May
- Japan departures through May
- China departures through June
While we know this decision may be disappointing, the health and wellbeing of our Guests and Guides is of the greatest importance. During the suspended operations, Adventures by Disney will continue to compensate our Cast Members. We’ll be contacting all impacted guests and travel agents.
Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed above. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary. At this time, the following guidelines are in effect for all trips and will continue to evolve as more information becomes available:
- At this time, any guest or guide who has traveled from, to or through the following countries within 14 days of their trip’s departure will not be able to travel with Adventures by Disney: Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City.
- Any guest who has been in contact with someone from these areas, including guests with connecting flights in these locations, also will not be able to travel, nor will anyone who has helped care for someone suspected of having or diagnosed with coronavirus, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney will automatically have their flights rebooked on an alternate route. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
TEMPORARY CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
We are offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests.If your Clients are currently booked on Adventures through May 31, you may change their reservation and they will receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure. For Clients traveling April 1 through April 15, 2020, please contact Adventures by Disney at least 24 hours prior to the Adventure start date to request a change. For Clients traveling April 16 through May 31, 2020 contact Adventures by Disney at least 14 days prior to their Adventure start date to request a change. You may select a new travel date and/or an alternate Adventure by December 31, 2020, by calling 1-855-223-0025 or 407-566-8345. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply. Any new bookings made on future trips through the end of June will be subject to fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date.
Please read the below additional information on the temporary adjustment to the Adventures by Disney policy on itinerary changes:
- If desired, Guests with reservations through May 31, 2020, may “park” their reservation until December 2020 for travel on any available date thereafter without incurring any additional fees. Any guest who doesn’t make a decision by December 31, 2020, will forfeit any payments that are parked due to coronavirus.
- Reservations moved to a new Adventure/Date will be at the prevailing rate.
- Guest who choose to cancel their booking will incur normal cancellation fees imposed by Disney.
- Travel Agent commissions will be paid once the trip is completed.
- Travel Agents wishing to change (or cancel) reservations must call Adventures by Disney.
There is not technically “good” information going around at the moment when it comes to the Coronavirus. At the very least, for those traveling on Adventures By Disney excursions, this should give you some clarity about the situation.