PHOTOS: “Majestic Theater” Signage Installed at Legends of Hollywood in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Possible Name Change Coming
New signage at Legends of Hollywood in Disney’s Hollywood Studios pays tribute to a piece of Tinsel Town’s history.
New signs for the “The Majestic Theater” have been put up outside the shop’s exterior. You may recall that we noticed the former signs were falling over on a recent visit:
The new blue and beige signs, which match the color scheme of most of the building, advertise a special showing with tickets available for 25 cents.
The signs pay tribute to The Majestic Theatre, which existed in Los Angeles in the early 20th century. According to Cinema Treasures, the theater opened in November 1908 as a home for stage shows, screening films in between productions. In 1915, it became a full-time movie house with a Wurlizer organ in the foyer, then switched back and forth from cinema to stage theater for years, before closing in April 1933. The following month, it was demolished to make way for a parking lot.
The new signage could also suggest that the store may be divided, with Legends of Hollywood becoming exclusively the Pandora jewelry shop, separating the remainder (which sells apparel and accessories for ladies) into a new location under the Majestic name. Either way, lovers of Los Angeles history should get a kick out of these new signs.
Keep reading WDWNT for coverage of everything happening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!