BREAKING: Disneyland Ending Annual Passholder Program and Cancelling All Annual Passes

Disneyland Resort is officially canceling the Annual Passholder program while the theme parks remain closed indefinitely.

Ken Potrock, President of Disneyland, issued the following statement:

Due to the continued uncertainty of the pandemic and limitations surrounding the reopening of our California theme parks, we will be issuing appropriate refunds for eligible Disneyland Resort Annual Passports and sunsetting the current program.

In a message to Annual Passholders, he also said the following:

I know that sunsetting the Annual Passport program will be disappointing to many of our passholders who are just as anxious as we are to reopen our gates and welcome guests back when the time is right.

We are also very excited about what’s ahead. We plan to use this time while we remain closed to develop new membership offerings that will utilize consumer insights to deliver choice, flexibility and value for our biggest fans.

Annual Passholders will be refunded and future membership offerings are in the works. Any Annual Passholders who had active passes as of March 14, 2020 will still be able to receive discounts on merchandise, food, and beverages at open locations in Downtown Disney District and Buena Vista Street. Annual Passholders receiving a refund will get a separate confirmation email. Guests who have the Premier Passport with access to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World will receive a refund for the Disneyland portion as the pass is discontinued.

Keep checking WDWNT for updates.

3 2 votes
Justin S.

In 6-8 months:

“Please enjoy our YEARLY PASSHOLDER program, which, by TOTAL COINCIDENCE, just happens to have a 50% mark-up from the last Annual Passholder rates!”

Wendy Justin
Wendy Justin

Wendy

Wendy Justin
Wendy Justin
9 months ago

Now how about refunds for tickets purchased in advance then the parks shut down.

Dave
Dave
9 months ago

This is obviously a money grab. Hopefully, the one nice thing that comes from this is that the crowds and lines will be substantially reduced.

Doug C
Doug C
9 months ago

Great news. I was a So Cal passholder for a time. The parks are too small to handle the Los Angeles area. Too many passholders. It will be a destination park till they come up with something different. I would like to see everyday prices go down to help with some families that can’t afford it and just keep it to that. You want to go to the park then pay but it will not be as expensive.

John
John

“sunsetting”

Jonathan Lee
Jonathan Lee
9 months ago

Now if it they would shut down california operations and move them to a more hospitable state..

Last edited 9 months ago by Jonathan Lee
Micki Lang
Micki Lang
Reply to  Jonathan Lee

No they belong in California

Kyle Allen Harris
9 months ago

They just ruined walt disney’s legacy which he made by creating disney world and all the characters even including mickey mouse and this is wrong you can’t take away this program is for people with disability do you think that is nice to ruin a person’s fun time

Vanessa Pinedo
Vanessa Pinedo
9 months ago

What about tickets that were bought in advance? Will there be a fund?

Dawn
Dawn
9 months ago

Well I hope Disney corporation who has leaned very liberal over the past decade is starting to notice what it’s like when you have no say or control over your business because your governor refuses to let you operate your business. Walt Disney World has had extremely close observations and studies in Florida. There has been no significant link or pattern to a Covid outbreak by people attending the park or it’s cast members and we have been open since July 14. These studies were presented to governor Newsom and he ignored them. It is fine to want to keep… Read more »

Maria
Maria
Reply to  Dawn

I am a Florida native and was a Disney World annual passholder until last year. First off, there are political reasons as to why Florida reopened everything much sooner than it should have. Secondly, the population in California is close to *double* that of Florida’s, so not the same (not by a long shot). Thirdly, there is insufficient research of direct links to Disney guests and Covid spread, but common sense is that there is absolutely risk to exposure and possible mass spreading of coronavirus from visiting the parks. Lastly, Florida’s positivity rate, hospitalization and deaths from Covid have been… Read more »

Ron
Ron
9 months ago

Will I still get a “partial refund” if I bought my “premier pass” at the guest relations building located in Disney Springs (I bought it back in October)? Because I was planning on going to California for the entire summer to visit family and friends (and obviously spend quite a few days and nights at Disneyland)… If not, then I swear to heaven above that Disney will never get another dime from me!!!

Ron
Ron
Reply to  Ron

I finally got through to a lady at the “passholder services hotline”. She told me there was a “complex formula” being used to calculate “partial refunds” for “premier passes”, but her system was down so she could not quote any figures (however, she did confirm that I am due a refund even though I renewed and upgraded my pass in Florida). She also felt it was best for me to go directly to “city hall” because my pass was not a “straight renewal” and also because I had already used it more than 5 times in 2 different months. I… Read more »