Disney Dining Plan Remains Unavailable for 2022 Vacation Packages at Walt Disney World

Guests are now able to book 2022 Vacation Packages, although they may look a little different. Several options will not be available for guests, including the option of purchasing the popular Disney Dining Plan.

Vacation packages usually consist of the option to add on the Disney Dining Plan, a point-based system where guests can dine for a pre-paid price across the Walt Disney World Resort. Different dining plans have varying entitlements, depending on how many Quick Service versus Table Service meals you care to enjoy. The Disney Dining Plan did not return when the parks reopened in July 2020.

My Disney Experience App Update Brings AP Renewal, Dining Plan & Credit Card Tracking

It’s possible that with the lack of restaurant offerings and limited restaurant capacity due to physical distancing, the Disney Dining Plan doesn’t make much sense these days. Vacations booked in 2022 will not have the option to purchase a dining plan. That being said, ti is assumed that the Dining Plan will return at some point in the future.

Guests are encouraged to still make Advanced Dining Reservations before their trip. Keep in mind that you must have a theme park reservation and valid park admission to dine inside one of the theme parks.

Do you normally purchase a Disney Dining Plan for your vacation? Let us know in the comments below.

Notify of
guest

Crystal
Crystal
1 month ago

No we don’t but I was wanting to purchase the quick service dinning plan this time.

Rian
Rian
1 month ago

Yes! Always! Our kids love character meals, so it helps with that! I hope it returns!

Nicole
Nicole
1 month ago

Yes I love the all inclusive feel it gives me when we go.

Lainy
Lainy
1 month ago

im very disappointed that the Disney dining plan will not be available, So sadly won’t be able to return to Disney as a family of 5 from UK, Disney will be far to expensive for me and my family 😢 we usually stay at Caribbean beach resort 😢

Rachel Jacob
Rachel Jacob
1 month ago

We always book the Disney Dining Plan and will sadly not be able to stay on WDW property if the dining plan is not available. Please bring back the dining plan and the guests will come flocking back! Surely this is what Disney needs after the past 18 months as well as making guests dreams come true again!

Jennifer Beulah
Jennifer Beulah
1 month ago

Ive been to disney 6 times as I’m from the UK. my last stay was October 2019 with the disney dining plan and me and my family loved it. Im hoping its back out soon!!! Was planning on coming back this October for the 50th anniversary, but due to pandemic its on hold until everything is fine and the dining plan is back. Fingers crossed.

Craig Paxton
Craig Paxton
1 month ago

I live in florida but me and my family still use the dining plan we are foodies and it is the best way to exp the differant cusines offered

Barb
Barb
1 month ago

We are planning on coming to disney in 2022 but if there is no dining plan it will b put off. We also enjoy the all inclusive.

Barbara
Barbara
1 month ago

We have been to Disney and we love the dining plans…with out it makes a family of 6 harder to afford…we love the magical feeling of all inclusive…please bring it back…makea characters meals great for the kids

Kathie Boss
Kathie Boss
1 month ago

Yes we found we save money hoping it will return before our trip in Sept 2022

Samantha
Samantha
20 days ago

I booked a trip for Feb 2022 and I talked to a representative and they said it would be possible to add on the Dining Plan to our plans if brought back before the trip. So that was comforting to know as I absolutely love the dining plan! I have read speculations that given vaccination rates in the US and slowly loosened CDC guidelines about distancing that there is hope the dining plan could return in the late summer/ fall of 2021. But we all know this virus likes to mess with us so who can really be certain haha

Kim
Kim
20 days ago

We love WDW! We are foodies, so the Dining plan is one of the main reasons we go there. They have wonderful restaurants at their hotels and parks.

LISA PEARCE
LISA PEARCE
19 days ago

The dinning plan is a big part of whether we stay on Disney as travelling from uk. Without it to stay on site is out of budget. Our 5th trip was cancelled last August for 25th wedding anniversary also probably last direct family holiday. Now looking for trip with partners so hence the cost .
It’s a shame as it also takes pressure off when there about money .