Disney Releases New Jungle Cruise Character Descriptions Ahead of Ride Revamp
The Jungle Cruise is receiving quite a facelift at both Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World and Disneyland in California. In an effort to promote inclusivity and Cultural sensitivity, several changes will be made to both the Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. One of the biggest change is the fleshing out of the attractions backstory. Last month details were released on the backstory and new character, Alberta Falls.
Today Disney introduces us to the “Jungle Navigation Company”, featuring a cast of all new characters. Take a look at the post from the MyDisneyExperience and Disneyland Apps below.
As first reported in the Disney Parks Blog, one of the updated scenes coming soon to the Jungle Cruise includes a few new faces! Before you come across them on an expedition with the “Jungle Navigation Company” later this year, you can get to know them here: Introducing Alberta Falls – Proprietor of the Jungle Navigation Company.
• Alberta was born in 1911. Her mother, Sneh, was a world-renowned artist from India and her British father, Albert Falls Jr., was an art scholar.
• Young Alberta was always considered a rambunctious “free spirit” who was most at home during the family’s summer visits to grandma and grandpa Falls in Adventureland. She climbed trees, swam in the river, and enjoyed a special bond with her explorer grandfather and her “adopted family” of skippers who enjoyed the fearless little girl’s adventurous nature.
• She began to accompany her grandfather on his trips around the world where she was introduced to renowned botanist Dr. Moss in Nova Scotia and then-budding artist Rosa Soto Dominguez in Mexico City. On one of their wild adventures to New Zealand, Alberta picked up a new travel companion, a kakapo flightless parrot.
• When Dr. Albert Falls vanished in 1930, Alberta took control of the company and vowed to preserve the reputation of the Jungle Navigation Company. Moreover, to ensure that her grandfather’s legacy would be remembered by people all over the world, she began to promote the guided tours that we know today as the Jungle Cruise.And now, the five unfortunate folks run up a familiar rhino pole…
Felix Pechman XIII.
• Closest to the rhino is Felix Pechman XIII who recently left his home in Silver Springs, Florida, and landed a position as a skipper with the Jungle Navigation Company Ltd. In an unexpected turn of events, Alberta had no choice but to ask him to lead his very first boat tour with her VIP guests. Unfortunately, Pechman’s trademark bad luck has followed him to the jungle.
Dr. Leonard Moss
• Above Skipper Felix is Dr. Leonard Moss, an acclaimed Canadian botanist. Having successfully photographed and cataloged every plant in the frigid Nova Scotia peninsula, Dr. Moss decided that his next photo excursion should be to a warmer climate.
Rosa Soto Dominguez
• Above him is the celebrated Mexican artist, Rosa Soto Dominguez. Known in the art world as La Rosa, she was on her way back to Mexico City from her latest gallery opening in Paris when she received a special invitation from her very close friend, Alberta.
• Rosa looked forward to their reunion in Adventureland when she would also get to paint some of the exotic wildlife, especially given her fascination with rhinos. As luck would have it, she ended up a little too close and personal with one.
Dr. Kon Chunosuke
• Next is Japan’s preeminent entomologist and a member of the famed Society of Explorers and Adventurers, Dr. Kon Chunosuke. He traveled to the jungle on a mission to find new specimens for his world-class collection of insects.
• As an admirer of Dr. Falls’ legacy, Chunosuke was hopeful that this younger Falls would be able to lead the way to the legendary Myrmecoleon, also referred to as the “lion of ants.”. Unfortunately, he has only been able to find butterflies, mosquitos, and a rhino.
Siobhan “Puffin” Murphy
• Up top is Siobhan “Puffin” Murphy, who traveled all the way from the small island of Dingle, Ireland, to pay a surprise visit to her distant cousin twice removed on her father’s side, Alberta.
• Siobahn was nicknamed “Puffin” because of her love for the puffin birds that nest in the rocks of her seaside hometown. Many believe that it was Puffin’s love of exotic birds that drove Skipper Felix to get a little too close to an oxpecker perched on a particularly grumpy hippo.
Be on the lookout for these all-new Adventureland characters when they debut in the Jungle Cruise—taking place later in 2021 at Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland Park in California. For more information on changes coming to the attraction, be sure to check out the Disney Parks Blog!
These characters are to be completely separate from the storyline of the live action film originally scheduled for release last July, now being released this summer.
This diverse cast of characters will soon be joining this beloved attraction. Are you looking forward to the new and improved Jungle Cruise? Let us know below.