Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

PHOTOS: Props Removed from Jungle Cruise Queue at Magic Kingdom as Disney Cleanses Attraction of Offensive Content

A new shipment of cargo for updates has arrived at The World Famous Jungle Cruise! New paint adorns the walls of the boathouse in our most recent venture into the jungle.

Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

Most noticeable is the green paint and some changes to the “shipping office”.

Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

The “Skipper of the Year” photo has not been updated since 2019… ahem 1938. It used to be located inside Skipper Canteen.

Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

Things seemed to be cleaned up and dusted.

disney-mk-shipoffice
Photo by Disney

Since the above photo was taken, some things have been removed and replaced from the shipping office, but more recently things have started to change to tie into the updates happening in the jungle. The typewriter, kettle, and some books have been removed. Some artifacts have been moved around onto the desk. The bell, two bottles of coke, and the fez have been added. While the binoculars and cup of drafting pencils were once hidden, they have now been brought to the foreground to start the storytelling of the attraction.

As Disney continues to update the attraction, anything that might lead to conflicting storytelling will most likely be removed. Many things seen here could be removed or updated.

In a former inteview, Walt Disney Imagineering Creative Portfolio Executive Chris Beatty had the following to say about the updates:

“As part of the enhanced storyline, each one of them will have their own story and cultural heritage. There’s a birdwatcher, an entomologist, a wildlife painter, and a photographer, and each one will have a different reason for being on the expedition.”

Each thing in the shipping office is starting to tell a story about the attraction itself. The rest of the queue is also starting to see some updating.

Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

A number of props have been removed from the extended queue area. While this may be for painting the walls, it’s also likely to remove items that could be deemed offensive. Above the water fountain, chains and ropes were removed.

image-from-ios-37-3507775
Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

As you can see, the tribal masks, spears, and glass case that featured pictures and maps have now been taken down off the walls.

The once brown walls are now painted green. Maps, ropes, and more have been completely removed from the walls.

Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

The glass case that sported hunting helmets, posters that read “Malaria Kills!” and “Reward: Remains of Missing Search Party” have now been taken down.

Jungle-Cruise-Refresh

As the progression inside the jungle happens, the boat…I mean “B O T E” house also will receive some much-needed refreshing.

Let us know what you think below!

1.4 10 votes
Notify of
guest

Nick
Nick
1 month ago

oh, now we’re just completely removing all the theming because it might be offensive. This will have backlash for Disney. Not everyone who goes is overly sensitive to everything.

Impressions de Frank
Impressions de Frank
Reply to  Nick

Yeah, this is terrible.

Eric
Eric
Reply to  Nick

It’s also under refurbishment, so props come and go as they are refurbished.
But have your backlash if you want. Disney’s a giant company whose ultimate goal in the year 2021 is to please the shareholder and not Michael MAGA.

Michael
Michael
1 month ago

The 5th key strikes again.

Dolores Whitfield
Dolores Whitfield

I’m offended!!

Longtime Disney Fan
Longtime Disney Fan
23 days ago

Easily?

Tim M
Tim M
1 month ago

I want to see things the way Walt intended. I couldn’t care less about the perpetually offended!

Ruggedindividualism
Ruggedindividualism
1 month ago

All these snowflakes can’t handle what used to be the norm to our society that used to be made up of a different makeup. Well, I’ll tell you what, I don’t care if what they out there next makes sense to a narrative that they are adding that many will enjoy, and that an ancient ride in major need of some updated effects finally get those effects. I’m going to boycott it all, sit here and sob while watching videos of the past, and complain online instead of getting with the times and enjoying life because of my fragile sense… Read more »

1 month ago

I WAS SO SCARED THIS WAS GONNA BE BAD- thank you honestly tho, the disney parks community for some reason is hating the 5th key idea, which sure it’s cheesy, but i don’t get what’s so bad about a little change. nothing major was done to the ride, i don’t get why people are up in arms about it lmao

Longtime Disney Fan
Longtime Disney Fan
23 days ago

From the Carousel of Progress: “There’s a great big beautiful tomorrow, waiting at the end of every day, A great big beautiful tomorrow…just a dream away!”

Mason Pyle
Mason Pyle
1 month ago

Seriously? I mean seriously? Who gets offended by the Jungle Cruise? Disney is destroying one of my favorite attractions. Walt Disney World is becoming Woke Disney World. Hey if you don’t think this is Disney going super Woke then your in the Nile. Hey watch them take down the Frontierland shooting range and the guns from Tom Sawyer Island next.

Longtime Disney Fan
Longtime Disney Fan
23 days ago
Reply to  Mason Pyle

It’s Pirate island, now. Funny, though, they still keep the rafts.

Octavious A
Octavious A
1 month ago

Disney is signing its own death warrant. If they continue to embrace this woke agenda the parks will soon be history. Starting to regret booking a trip next month.

Eric M
Eric M
Reply to  Octavious A

Go to universal instead, you won’t regret it.

I’m just glad I got to experience Disney before new management ran the parks into the ground

Michele
Michele
19 days ago
Reply to  Eric M

Me too, I first went in 1976!
But Disney has been going astray for many years. I am sure Walt is turning over in his grave!

Reply to  Octavious A

“disney wants to be nice to people who have been marginalized and oppressed for years by making tiny changes to a line” okay then don’t go to disney. we don’t want bigots anyways

Joseph Kastner
Joseph Kastner
1 month ago

I am offended by the lack of theming. Cater to me!!! Oh wait. I am a white male so my opinion doesn’t matter

Reply to  Joseph Kastner

yeah exactly! you’re opinion doesn’t matter :) for real tho, it’s minor changes, you can grow up dude. the whole world doesn’t revolve around you

Mortin
Mortin
26 days ago
Reply to  kylie

Neither does yours nor you. :)

Kylie
Kylie
18 days ago
Reply to  Mortin

exactly! my opinions on this change do not matter because i’m not the one that these props hurt or affected. i’m white so the props don’t hold any significance to me but to others they do. these changes are minor and no reason to throw a fit

Michele
Michele
19 days ago
Reply to  kylie

I guess we will wait and see IF they put anything back up. B ut knowing Disney they will NOT put up the items. Half the fun of the rides is looking at all of the stuff in the queue.

Kylie
Kylie
18 days ago
Reply to  Michele

they’ll most likely replace them with something else, i doubt they’d just leave it blank

Doug
Doug
1 month ago

Who was actually offended by any of this!!! This is getting beyond ridiculous!

Michele
Michele
19 days ago
Reply to  Doug

Totally Agree!!!!!

Tim
Tim
1 month ago

It always seems that it takes decades and a unfortunate series of events to get people to complain about things not being up to standards when it comes to Disney and their parks. Makes me angry every time someone claims something to be offensive when everything Walt created was family friendly and respectful to all. Now because of a failing society we all have to suffer because someone wants to stir the pot and target Disney in every way they can. First Splash Mountain, now the Jungle Cruise. How long will it be before someone whines about Pirates of the… Read more »

Eric M
Eric M
Reply to  Tim

Disney has had an abusive relationship with their customers for a long time.

Bill
Bill
1 month ago

If you don’t like something about Disney, just don’t go. We wouldn’t want you there anyway. Also, if you’re so offended why are you supporting them with your money? Stop seeking attention. Go watch an episode of “Married With Children” and then come tell me that Disney is offensive.

Cufuf7f
Cufuf7f
Reply to  Bill

Just another woke sheep telling everyone what to do. Enjoy your overpriced, sanitized park of trash culture.

Paul
Paul
1 month ago

Just love reading all the white folks losing their minds over these changes! Face it folks, the world is not only changing, it’s changed. I’m an old white guy and I find these changes to be exciting and positive. I’m sure you would love it if Disney updated the white characters with mullets, beer bellies popping out of cut off shirts, and half their teeth missing. Or maybe a pack of Karens and Becky’s? Or how about a bunch of angry, white guys with tiki torches? Heck, that one could fit with several attractions. That’d all be a hoot. Wait?… Read more »

Eric M
Eric M
Reply to  Paul

It’s always nice to see people so comfortable starting a post on a Disney forum with racist garbage

Paul
Paul
Reply to  Eric M

Eric, here’s today’s lesson: calling out racism isn’t racist. Read my post carefully. If you identify with many of the posts complaining about these changes, yes, you’re very likely a racist. And if that offends you, that doesn’t make me racist.

Sick of it
Sick of it
Reply to  Paul

Why is someone racist because they think it is ludicrous to change something that has been around for decades. Disney is changing things because a bunch of whiney folks are turning this country into a crappy woke culture. Disgusting. And if the older generation isn’t happy it sure as hell doesn’t make them racist. You sheep that find everything offensive are the racist ones.

Reply to  Paul

THANK YOU!!! as a younger fan of disney with my main goal in life to work at disney, it’s very refreshing to see other fans like you. i’ve been arguing with a ton of other people on here for a while honestly and it’s so nice to see someone else on my side

Last edited 1 month ago by kylie
Paul
Paul
29 days ago
Reply to  kylie

Kylie, I hope you get the opportunity to work at Disney! I started going to Disneyland in the 1960’s when we lived in SoCal. I always wanted to work for The Mouse, but never quite got there. I did work with (not for) Disney Company for five years. It was awesome! I worked in their information technology area, but interacted with every part of the company. Lots of amazing people and employees with love for their work. And helping build something that’s focus is the magic of Disney? Hard to beat!!!

Michelle
Michelle
19 days ago
Reply to  kylie

You should probably readjust your main goal in life…

Kylie
Kylie
18 days ago
Reply to  Michelle

very cool, a (most likely) full grown adult telling a teenager that they won’t achieve their dreams just because they don’t agree with their opinions. i’m 16 and already getting a degree in mechatronics, i think the only thing needing readjusting is your attitude to others and towards change

G D
G D
1 month ago

Why are they ruining all of these rides

Reply to  G D

it’s just the line to the ride dude, get over it

Eric M
Eric M
1 month ago

I’m glad Disney started being awful before my kids for used to going

I feel like my money will be much better spent on other adventures other than going to amusement parks that are going out of their way to be unamusing

Sick of it
Sick of it
1 month ago

Totally ridiculous. I hope Disney goes under for their stupid moves. Big corporations bowing to a select few is getting totally out of control. What happened to living in harmony and not making people give up what they believe in. Sad times in this country when the select few whiney babies control what everyone else can see, say and do.

beautiful gorgeous
1 month ago

I am not hyper woke left (politically correct 2.0). I do not find the Jungle Cruise to be offensive. Those who find it offensive are overly critical. It’s just a boat ride; it’s a not a political statement.

tvnutt
tvnutt
1 month ago

I don’t remember exactly what was on the walls. However, I can’t see how hunting helmets, a poster about a missing party and warnings of Malaria are offensive, off color, not PC, etc. Unless they just removed it to make way for fresher stuff. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Last edited 1 month ago by tvnutt
Reply to  tvnutt

some for fresher stuff, and others for inaccurate depictions of indigenous and black culture

Michelle
Michelle
19 days ago
Reply to  kylie

What a liberal hypocrite, you cant use the term “black”

Kylie
Kylie
18 days ago
Reply to  Michelle

yes you can, no one said you can’t use that term. it’s a term describing race. saying stuff like “the blacks” is dehumanizing, but saying black people/culture or people of color (POC) is completely fine.

Franklin J Garner
Franklin J Garner

Stupid

Rob Waldrop
Rob Waldrop
1 month ago

I think Disney catering to the cancel culture is going too far. The ride has lost its heritage.

1 month ago

every day i get more and more disappointed in the disney community. why would you see any problem in this? they made a few minor changes to remove content deemed offensive, nothing major was done to the ride. you say we’re the ones being overly offended when you guys can’t handle the slightest change.

Michelle
Michelle
19 days ago
Reply to  kylie

Erasing History

Kylie
Kylie
18 days ago
Reply to  Michelle

first off, maybe don’t go through all the comments to respond to literally everything i’ve said. second off, disney has made plenty of changes to their rides in the past to do stuff like this. for example the pirates of the caribbean ride used to have a scene where there were women being sold as brides. although this scene was historically accurate they decided to change it to female pirates selling stolen goods. regardless, disney is not erasing history, in a world with as much documentation as now there’s no way it can be erased. they’re just making minor changes… Read more »