dvc_sign5-6371178

Optional Housekeeping Service to be Eliminated for Disney Vacation Club Members

Today DVCNews.com reported that Disney Vacation Club (DVC) guests will no longer be able to opt-in to housekeeping services for their villas. According to the FAQ section of the DVC website, the add-on service is no longer available.

dvc_sign5-6371178

In recent years, members could pay for a “Trash & Towel” service or spring for a full room cleaning. The Trash & Towel service cost anywhere from $15 for a Deluxe Studio villa to $35 for a three-bedroom Grand Villa. A full room cleaning cost somewhere between $30 to $75, depending on the villa.

Disney Vacation Club sign at Boulder Ridge Villas

For stays of 8 or more nights, guests will still receive full cleaning services on day 4.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

3 2 votes
Notify of
guest

Daniel Walz
Daniel Walz
1 month ago

I remember when I used to debate about the ideas of either buying a boat for my family to create memories every weekend in the summer or a once a year DVC two week vacation. Disney has helped me make that decision in the past year or so, much easier. We getting a boat!

Jolyth
Jolyth
Reply to  Daniel Walz

I have to agree with that sentiment. I live one block from a very large popular lake and plan to get a boar rather than spend anymore money at Disney

Danny
Danny
1 month ago

So they keep offering less while charging more.

Kieth Kayman
Reply to  Danny

Yes less equals more in bean counter Chapek’s pocket, Mr. Fun himself. I could care less if I ever went to WDW again. You can’t be spontaneous and go to Disney, well guess what that’s who we are. I have no desire booking rides, dinner etc.. etc. well in advance, soon you’ll need to reserve a bathroom stall in a park 60 days in advance, turkey leg, cotton candy, soda and dole whip 60 days in advance. Efficiency people no waste more profit. A Disney trip is now like Lemmings to the slaughter, you must obey.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Reply to  Danny

No, they are saying you can’t buy more housekeeping services if you wanted to. Existing services you have been getting as part of your fees are staying.

Victoria Tolivar
Victoria Tolivar
1 month ago

Save Splash Mountain!! Expand the park and add a Princess and the Frog attraction!!

Amelia
Amelia
1 month ago

I personally think we could revamp Tom Sawyer Island into Tianas Bayou, with her restaurant and all. If they’re getting rid of everything with a past might as well revamp the Island as well

Eric M
Eric M
1 month ago

I am sooooooooo glad, that me and my wife decided to wait to buy DVC. I would have been pissed if I sank money into this company before that idiot Dr. Evil showed that he would be running the company into the ground

Adam
Adam
1 month ago

No doubt Disney has plenty of smart people and plenty of metrics to back up their service-cutting decisions… but I’m going to laugh HARD when they reach the tipping point and they can’t fill the parks! Cutting back on housekeeping, removal of Magical Express, no Magicbands for hotel guests, *likely* converting FastPass into a paid service… and that’s just recently, from memory – I’m sure there are others I’m missing. Disney parks have offered special touches that set them apart from others and helped make them desirable destinations despite the high prices, so it confuses me that they would remove… Read more »

Michelle
Reply to  Adam

It seems like in a few years we’ll see another round of huge discounts and more hospitality services added because they can’t fill the parks or resorts. So many families who have been going for years can’t afford it anymore, either because they got fired due to COVID or Disney raised the prices so much they can no longer pay for it. My family can’t even afford a value resort for a few days anymore. In a few years (or just a year, if they keep cutting things and raising prices at the rate they are) we’ll see them begging… Read more »

Bob
Bob
1 month ago

No one should even consider buying into the Disney DVC. The contracts are all one sided and DVC continues to eliminate benefits and increase ownership costs. Also, using DVC points has become more complex and loosing vacation points has become part of the Disney plan. It is actually less expensive to rent a DVC villa than to purchase and use a DVC ownership. Guest service is has been eliminated or reduced significantly in both the DVC and in the parks.

Mary H
Mary H
1 month ago

I was just doing for DVC points. 60k for what my family would need. Now I learn I’ll probably have to hand it my own trash on vacation and reuse towels for 4 days. Pass, thanks.

May
May
1 month ago

I thought they never cleaned the DVC units. In fact, I remember DVC guests are considered “non-paying” and therefore inferior to regular guests. I never get the DVC. It’s not like they are cheap, they are just bigger, and I don’t need bigger during my vacation. It’s better to just stay in whichever hotel I want whenever I want, as long as I don’t mind a standard room, which I don’t. If I wanted a big house, I can just stay home.

K G
K G
1 month ago

You still get the regular service. You just can’t buy additional services. FYI most hotels are not continuing daily housekeeping. Remember the world you lived in March 2020 is not going to be the same once the world completely opens. Life is different.

John
John
1 month ago

After how unprofessional I was treated last year during the shut down…….I am very disappointed in the the operation DVC and seriously thinking of selling my remaining time in this property.

Dave
Dave
1 month ago

LOL some of these comments make me think they’re not even from DVC members to start with. Nothing that you bought in your contract is being taken away here, they just are removing the option to buy additional services (most likely due to labor shortages). Most DVC members I talk to actually enjoy not having room services come in daily, the whole concept of DVC is a second home so it shouldn’t be looked at like a normal hotel stay. The 1br and above rooms have full washer and dryer so it’s easy to keep your clothes clean including towels… Read more »

Ken Mooney
Ken Mooney
1 month ago

Everybody knows if you want clean towels daily all you have to do is swap out daily with housekeeping. I don’t see a problem.