JellyRolls at Disney’s Boardwalk Rumored to Reopen Next Month, Will Not Bring Back Former Performers

JellyRolls Dueling Piano Bar on the Boardwalk has been closed indefinitely since Walt Disney World’s closure in March of 2020 with no reopening date for the establishment listed as of yet.

Over the course of the pandemic, JellyRolls, owned by J.r. Five, Inc, received approval for the Coronavirus-related PPP loan in the amount of $305,100 in April of 2020. As part of these guidelines following forgiveness of the Paycheck Protection Loan, the business must use the delegated funds to aid in job retention and paycheck distribution for its current employees.

2019 payroll expenses for JellyRolls was estimated to be in the realm of $1.46 million. If you do the math, this estimates an average of $43,073 for each of its 34 employees – of which several reported never actually receiving. According to staff we spoke to, they never were sent one cent.

JellyRolls is now rumored to be reopening to the public on August 16, 2021 with a lot of new talent playing the pianos, and reportedly will be raising the cover charge from $15 to $20-25 per person.

Currently, the loan has not been fully repaid or forgiven.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

2.7 3 votes
Michael Hunt
Michael Hunt
3 months ago

This headline is deceiving. It should read “performers chose not to return after years of threats and mental abuse”.

Tom Corless
Admin
Reply to  Michael Hunt

They weren’t invited back, but I support this comment lol

Marie
Marie
Reply to  Tom Corless

None wete invited back? I can see some might have gone on to other opportunities, but a clean slate. Wow, what a loss.

Jeff
Jeff
3 months ago

Thanks for the good reporting here. I can’t see myself having a good time there again, unless I know they’ve done all they can to take care of their staff.

Ted
Ted
3 months ago

I’ve been looking forward to Jellyrolls to open, but after reading this I don’t think I’ll be patronizing them.

Adam H Handley
Adam H Handley
3 months ago

I feel sorry for them, I remember when Yeehaw Bob was on one of the livestreams with Pete, what a awesome time!

Jenny
Jenny
3 months ago

So….. who is going to force the management to back pay the employees? It sounds as if there has been some shady dealings. I am so disappointed in the choices the management has made and unfortunately…. I will not be going back to Jellyrolls due to the poor treatment of the employees.

Dee
Dee
3 months ago

You should also include that they were sued by BMI for copywrite infringement. Greedy, entitled owners!

Melissa
Melissa
3 months ago

Wow. We loved Jellyrolls but won’t return if they treated their employees who were awesome like that! I’ll advise my Disney clients as well.

Todd
Todd
3 months ago

I will not return there. That is horrible what the owner did to staff. Now they want to charge $ to walk in. No thank you.

Stephen Watkins
Stephen Watkins
3 months ago

Maybe they used the PPP loan monies to pay off BMI records for the copy infringement lawsuit that was settled in Florida Federal Court in Dec 2020.

trish
trish
3 months ago

that is kinda crazy esp with the amount of alcohol served there 50$ just to walk in the door??? if they cant treat their staff well i wont be back we loved the perfomers there i think they mite be at boathouse now ill go there food is good and drinks are awesome

Last edited 3 months ago by trish