its-a-small-world-lightning-lane-2

PHOTOS: First Lightning Lane Signage Goes Up, Replaces FastPass+ Signs at Magic Kingdom

Though Disney Genie Service and Genie+ are not yet available, we’re now seeing our first sign of the FastPass+ replacement in Walt Disney World.

its-a-small-world-lightning-lane

The FastPass+ sign at Magic Kingdom’s “it’s a small world” has been “replaced” with a Lightning Lane sign.

its-a-small-world-lightning-lane-2

It’s just a poorly-matched decal.

its-a-small-world-lightning-lane-1

Genie+ will allow guests to pay for access to an attraction’s Lightning Lane, where they can skip the stand-by line.

its-a-small-world-lightning-lane-3

Of course, the lane is not yet available and Cast Members standing in front of it were directing guests to the main entrance. Disney Genie is set to launch this fall.

tomorrowland-speedway-lightning-lane-5

The FastPass+ line at Tomorrowland Speedway has also become a Lightning Lane.

tomorrowland-speedway-lightning-lane-4

From a distance, this sign matches a little better than the “it’s a small world” sign.

tomorrowland-speedway-lightning-lane-3
tomorrowland-speedway-lightning-lane-2

Up close, however, we can still see the debossed “FastPass+ Entrance” beneath “Lightning Lane.”

tomorrowland-speedway-lightning-lane-1
jungle-cruise-lightning-lane

Jungle Cruise—no stranger to new signage—also has an updated Lightning Lane sign.

jungle-cruise-lightning-lane-3
jungle-cruise-lightning-lane-2

It has yet to be yellowed and weathered to match the stand-by entrance, but that will happen with time no matter what.

jungle-cruise-lightning-lane-1

Flat signage is being completed first, as three-dimensional FastPass+ signs will need more than just an updated decal. Many signs will need to be replaced entirely.

As always, keep following WDWNT for all of your Disney Parks news, and for the absolute latest, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

2.8 5 votes
Notify of
guest

Lewis
Lewis
1 month ago

They’re being so cheap now they can’t even be bothered to replace the whole sign 🤦🏼‍♂️

May
May
Reply to  Lewis

Looks that way, doesn’t it? How funny

Harry
Harry
1 month ago

Disney is too lazy to make a new sign that makes it impossible to see a fast pass+ sign

May
May
Reply to  Harry

Hopefully it’s just a temporary measure before the real signs are ready. Otherwise it is all too funny

tru-blu
tru-blu

Something that I will not be paying for! LOL

Jessica McConnel
Jessica McConnel
1 month ago

Just me, or does ring a Harry Potter bell instead of a Disney one?

James Pierce
James Pierce
1 month ago

I hope they revert the paid fastpass, because I feel like they are gonna end up like EA, which means they do not care about their fans and only cares about money.

Kevin Douglas
Kevin Douglas
1 month ago

Did anyone ever stop to think that Lightning Lane might be a poor choice of names for central Florida? It doesn’t sound like a place you’d want to be on a mid-August afternoon in Orlando.

May
May
Reply to  Kevin Douglas

I will forever call it fastpass. I will not let anybody in my family call it the new name. It’s too difficult to say, for one thing.

Joe
Joe
1 month ago

Wow Disney… Thanks for not letting the average family be able to enjoy a few rides with not much of a wait.

beautiful gorgeous
1 month ago

Further evidence that Disney is changing its business plan to catering to the 1%. They are no longer interested in the middle class with kids. Maybe they don’t spend enough for Disney’s taste. I’ll stay in the peasant line; they are my kind. Humble and just happy to be there.

Doug
Doug
1 month ago

If it is not starting right this second then why put cheap stickers on now. Closer to time just install proper signs. Cheapek strikes again. What a horrible choice for Disney.

May
May
1 month ago

I wonder if the Tomorrowland Speedway CMs did that on purpose to show their embarrassment of the new LL to say they don’t forget the fastpass

Steve R
Steve R
1 month ago

We still have walls and dirt piles in EPCOT but they sure stopped with they were doing to slap up the Lighting Lane decals everywhere..

Steve R
Steve R
1 month ago

Bobby C. found something he likes even more than paint! Decals!

Deb
Deb
1 month ago

Okay Disney, can you explain this scenario? I pay the $15 for the Lightning Lane. Told that I can go back in 45 minutes. I go back back on time and then get to wait another 15 minutes to board the ride. What happens if I don’t get immediate access? And yes I have waited more than 15 minutes for Fast Past boarding.