Are you a passionate and knowledgeable Disney fan? Do you have professional experience as a graphic designer or video editor? Are you looking for work? Then WDWNT has an opportunity for you!
WDWNT is seeking a dynamic, talented, and detail oriented Graphic Designer who is passionate about theme parks and has a comedic mind to match their eye for quality. The ideal candidate will be able to translate ideas and images into a high quality finished product. The ideal applicant will be a self-starter with an extensive knowledge of Disney Parks and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The graphic designer/video editor role is full-time, working an average of 40 hours per week with the potential for paid overtime. Full time employees are eligible to participate in our health insurance plan. There is a scenario where we may be willing to hire one or more part-time employees for the right fit. Some night and weekend work is required. Thursdays in particular are critical, as a number of graphical bits are typically required for WDW News Tonight, our Thursday night Disney-focused comedy show. Our office/studio is located in Celebration, FL, but we will consider remote applicants.
The ideal applicant will be a self-starter with an extensive knowledge of Disney Parks and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and be organized, flexible and reliable. The ideal candidate will be able to translate ideas and images into a high-quality finished product. They will be responsible for not only creating content, but for curating content for all of our platforms, which include a number of websites, YouTube channels and social media accounts. The position requires regular coordination with our team, and will have a number of internal stakeholders (social media team, show runners, editorial staff, etc.).
- Graphic design — YouTube thumbnails, show graphics, web and social media graphics, etc.
- Photo manipulation — Comedic graphical bits for YouTube shows
- Logo design
- Motion graphics
- Familiarity with web, social, and YouTube
- Video editing (experience with Adobe Premiere and similar products)
- Audio mixing/recording
- Familiarity with WordPress (the basic ability to update our video library regularly)
- Understanding of Click Through Rate (CTR) and how to use data to help mold the best style for thumbnails. We aren’t just looking for someone who knows how to make a thumbnail, but for someone who understands audience engagement and can make recommendations for thumbnails for YouTube and our various social media platforms.
- An understanding of comedic timing including the ability to collaborate with the team to utilize graphics in a humorous way to add to the entertainment value of a show
- An ability to work paid overtime in certain circumstances, depending on the pace of the news cycle
- The ability to work in a high tempo environment, particularly on show nights, as new bits are refined, added, and pitched leading up to going live
- Experience producing YouTube content
The start date is immediate.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with our YouTube content on both our main channel at https://www.youtube.com/wdwnt and our more irreverent channel at https://www.youtube.com/wdwnttv, particularly WDW News Tonight, for an understanding of the work required.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our application and attach a resume that includes examples of past work.
If you meet the initial qualifications, we may contact you for additional information and a follow-up test. Please do not inquire via social media or email other team members in lieu of an application.