We bring you a lot of stories. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Weekly Recap for December 5 – 11, 2022.
Universal Parks and Resorts
- We have a close look at all four new resort-exclusive wands available at each of the Universal parks worldwide!
Universal Orlando Resort
Universal Studios Florida
- After months and months of speculation, the Villains-Con Minion Blast has finally been announced!
- As well, we now have confirmation of the Minions restaurant and the rebranding of Production Central to Illumination Avenue!
- There’s three new Puss in Boots-themed specialty milkshakes we tried at Schwab’s Pharmacy!
- The Hello Kitty Shop has reopened with a new generic floor.
- It’s almost New Year’s Eve, and Universal Studios Florida will be celebrating with a special countdown event!
- Posters for Villains-Con Minion Blast were added to the construction walls surrounding the future attraction.
- For reasons beyond even our comprehension, NAPA Auto Parts now sponsors Fast and the Furious: Supercharged.
- The Brown Derby Shop is under refurbishment once again.
Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- Over at Ollivander’s, the interactive wand slate has been entirely refreshed with 13 new wands including one exclusive to Universal Orlando Resort!
- Pteranodon Flyers suddenly closed this week indefinitely.
- The All Hallows Eve Boutique now features a Krampus statue just in time for the holidays.
- Starting next year, the UOAP Lounge will be moving to the Betty Boop Store in Toon Lagoon.
- NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell confirmed Epic Universe is still on track for a summer 2025 opening.
Universal CityWalk Orlando
- Universal’s Great Movie Escape has finally opened, and we have a grand tour of every single merchandise item with prices!
- Is the bar inside Great Movie Escape now the best bar at CityWalk? Find out with us as we try every single drink on the menu!
- Great Scott! Thinking about playing the “Back to the Future”-themed room? You can read our review to hear our thoughts.
- Or maybe you’d rather try and take on “Jurassic World?” Fear not, we’ve got a review for that too!
- The water taxi service returned to CityWalk this week following a brief refurbishment of the dock.
- We found a new Earl the Squirrel Pillow, Grinch Flannel, and Grinch Ornaments in CityWalk!
- There’s also a new Earl the Squirrel storybook ornament.
- Blast off with the new Men in Black: Alien Attack Spirit Jersey we found at Universal Studios Florida!
- Fans of Hagrid’s motorbike can find the lovable gamekeeper on a new toy we found.
- You’d be surprised to see a Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Loungefly backpack and purse at Universal, right? Well we found them anyway!
Universal Studios Hollywood
- Jurassic World: The Ride has closed for refurbishment.
- Just in time for the holidays, “The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle” has returned to the park.
- Among the new features of Super Nintendo World were the addition of Bowser’s head to the exterior of Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge.
- The new wands we found in Japan and Orlando finally came to Hollywood this week as well!
- At long last, construction walls are finally down around Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen at Universal CityWalk Hollywood!
- There’s a lot of new Honeydukes’-themed merchandise we found in the park this week!
- Two giant pteranodon skeletons now hang overhead in Jurassic Outfitters.
- Lots of new Super Nintendo World merchandise dropped this week including metal castle models of both Peach and Bowser’s castles.
- Our latest photo report highlights new Wizarding wands, the Honeyduke’s haul, new toadstools in Super Nintendo World, and more!
Universal Phasing Out Old Harry Potter Wands, New Passholder Lounge Announced – Universal Parks News Today 12/10
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Weekly Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you next Sunday!