We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Friday, January 27, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has confirmed our report that the new locker system at TRON Lightcycle / Run will be double-sided and accessed via MagicBand or park tickets.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run will use only a virtual queue and individual Lightning Lane when it opens at Magic Kingdom in April.
- The Splash Mountain pressed penny machine that was previously removed as construction walls went up is now available again.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Trail’s End Restaurant at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will close in spring 2023 for refurbishment, marking the end of its current life as a table service outlet.
- The Disney100 The Eras: Walt Disney Studios Collection is now available on shopDisney and is expected to be released at the parks soon.
Other Walt Disney World News
- More Walt Disney World Mickey and Friends Happy Meal Toys will be coming soon to McDonald’s.
- Nothing can stop them now, because Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway has officially opened at Mickey’s Toontown in Disneyland! Check out our video of the new attraction.
- The first round of openings for the Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway virtual queue filled up in less than a minute for the ride’s opening day at Disneyland park.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway opened today at Disneyland, and the ride has been officially added to the park map and Genie tip board. Pricing was also revealed for the individual Lightning Lane option ahead of the attraction’s first ride.
- Ahead of Disneyland’s newest attraction, we got the first look at the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown.
- Over on Main Street, U.S.A., in Disneyland, the characters are sporting brand-new Disney 100 Years of Wonder Costumes.
- The Disney100 celebration has officially begun at Disneyland Resort and new merchandise celebrating the history of The Walt Disney Company is now available. Disney100 The Eras: Walt Disney Studios Collection honors the Hyperion Studio and the original Mickey Mouse cartoons produced in the 1920s.
- As part of the Disney100 The Eras collections, a line of vintage-inspired Disneyland merchandise is also now available.
- Disneyana at Disneyland is decorated to house the merchandise collections of Disney100 The Eras.
- We found new Disney100 platinum character statues as the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration kicked off.
- Cast Members are sharing their Disney connection with new Disney100 name tags.
- Several new Disney100 pins have arrived at Disneyland Resort with the beginning of the 100th-anniversary celebration.
- According to posts on the Disneyland All-American College Band Facebook and Instagram, the program will be taking an indefinite hiatus.
- An iconic balloon gets a shiny upgrade with the Disney100 Platinum Mickey Mouse Balloon popcorn bucket now available at Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure.
- A Disney100 Stainless Steel Tumbler Featuring Walt and Mickey is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- The Disneyland Band, Dapper Dans, and Mickey and friends performed at the Main Street, U.S.A. train station this afternoon to kick off the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration.
- Guests can take a journey through a century of Disney history with the opening of The Disney Gallery Presents: Disney 100 Years of Wonder in Disneyland.
- A special Disney 100 Years of Wonder cavalcade also debuted for the start of the celebration today in Disneyland.
- You can sip and celebrate Disney 100 Years of Wonder with the studio’s most famous character thanks to the Disney100 Mickey Mouse Sipper now available at the Disneyland Resort!
- A teased Disney100 swizzle stick has reportedly been cancelled ahead of the festivities.
- The Hungry Bear Restaurant debuts a Potato & Cheddar Cheeseburger for Disney 100 Years of Wonder in Disneyland.
- A brand new Disney100 balloon is available from Main Street, U.S.A. balloon sellers at Disneyland for the 100th-anniversary celebration. There are two versions: one that lights up and one that doesn’t.
- Nearly three years after its last meal was served, construction curtains have been put in place outside the site of the former Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel indicating a replacement may be on the way.
- You can enjoy your favorite beverage in style around the Disneyland Resort with a new Disney100 Thermo Tumbler, now available for the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration!
- A creepy and classy way to mark the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration at the Disneyland Resort is with the new Disney100 Poison Apple Mug.
- Refreshment Corner in Disneyland is now featuring a Violet Pretzel and Sparkling Grape Drink as part of the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration.
- Disneyland Hotel is ready for the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration with a new entry rug and a new key card holder.
- Carts across Disneyland are offering guests Disney100 Cotton Candy bags that now feature Mickey and Friends in their Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration outfits.
- The Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration brings a Disney100 Churro, now available at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure!
- Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream in Disney California Adventure debuts a new Snickers Sundae.
- Hollywood Lounge in Disney California Adventure has gone platinum for Disney 100 Years of Wonder thanks to the Platinum Blue cocktail and the Old-Fashioned Cream Soda.
- Schmoozies! in Disney California Adventure honors a crucial part of Disney history with the Steamboat Willie Shake.
- Magic Key Terrace in Disney California Adventure is getting on the Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration with a special Disney100 Celebration Cake.
- Lamplight Lounge has added a special Disney100 cocktail for Disney 100 Years of Wonder in Disney California Adventure.
- The first in a collection of Disney100 Collectible Medallions are now available across the Disneyland Resort’s parks and hotels, just in time for guests to commemorate the start of Disney’s 100 Years of Wonder celebration.
The Walt Disney Company
- Thousands of Walt Disney World Cast Members are set to reject The Walt Disney Company’s offer of a $1 raise per year.
WDW News Today
First Look Inside Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Disney100 Monorail – NewsToday 1/27
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
Disney Changes Showtimes Again for 'Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular' at Disney's Hollywood Stud...March 28, 2022
Metal Frame Added to Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. Corner, Lower Walkway Foundation Visible at ...July 20, 2022
'Peter Pan' and Winnie the Pooh Topiaries, Decorations, and More Sprout Up Ahead of 2022 EPCOT Inter...February 17, 2022