Construction at Splash Mountain in Magic Kingdom has moved to the top of the attraction as it is transformed into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. Since our last update, more birdhouses have been removed from the attraction.
Birdhouses were previously removed from the Splash Mountain queue. This tree near the top of the ride had a few birdhouses hanging from its branches just a few days ago, but they’re all gone now.
The scaffolding platforms allowed crew members to safely reach the birdhouses.
Scaffolding and blue safety nets surround the layer of Splash Mountain with this tree.
Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will replace Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom and at Disneyland Park in California. A closing date for the Disneyland ride has not been announced, but rumors indicate it will close in May.
Disney says that in the upcoming attraction, guests will “join Princess Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis during Mardi Gras season as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration for the people of New Orleans.” It’s scheduled to open in late 2024.
Read more details about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure:
- Logo for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Revealed
- First Look at Tiana’s New Outfit for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Model at D23 Expo 2022 Shows Removal of Iconic Splash Mountain Tree
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Backstory and More Information Revealed at D23 Expo 2022
- More Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Story, Original Cast Returning
For the latest Disney Parks news and info, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.