Elements continue to be added to the construction walls around Splash Mountain as it becomes Tiana’s Bayou Adventure in Magic Kingdom.
Two lanterns now illuminate the underpass beneath the Walt Disney World Railroad train station.
At the bottom of the ride’s famous drop, we saw crew members securing a pathway of planks across the drained trough.
The walkway is under this short tunnel of rockwork.
Splash Mountain has been removed from Magic Kingdom maps, with a logo for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure over the artwork. Splash Mountain references have also been removed from the Walt Disney World Railroad and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
From the Walt Disney World Railroad above, we could see that the birdhouses have been removed from the attraction’s queue.
The birdhouse stands remain in place.
The metal hardware used to secure the birdhouses is visible atop the poles and branches.
The birdhouses weren’t really functional roosts for birds but added ambiance to the queue and played audio implying small animals were inside.
Plywood is stacked in the queue and crew members were working on cutting the wood.
Disney says that in the upcoming attraction, guests will “join Princess Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis during Mardi Gras season as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration for the people of New Orleans.” It’s scheduled to open in late 2024.
Read more details about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure:
- Logo for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Revealed
- First Look at Tiana’s New Outfit for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Model at D23 Expo 2022 Shows Removal of Iconic Splash Mountain Tree
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Backstory and More Information Revealed at D23 Expo 2022
- More Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Story, Original Cast Returning