Signage has been removed and replaced from the Splash Mountain-themed Laughin’ Place play area in Frontierland at Magic Kingdom.
The sign that previously hung on this column featured Br’er Rabbit and read “Welcome to the Laughin’ Place.” The new one has no theming but still lists safety information.
Here’s the old sign.
On the actual play area, the “Laughin’ Place” sign has been removed.
The sign previously hung above one of the play area entrances.
A plain wooden sign hangs over where the old sign used to be.
The play area remains open and otherwise unchanged.
Here is what the “Laughin’ Place” sign looked like.
The nearby Splash Mountain pressed penny machine has been removed. Splash Mountain references have also been removed from the Walt Disney World Railroad and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
Read our complete history of Splash Mountain and join us for one last ride.
Construction walls around Splash Mountain reference Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, which has also been added to the Magic Kingdom virtual map.
Disney says that in the upcoming attraction, guests will “join Princess Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis during Mardi Gras season as they prepare to host a one-of-a-kind celebration for the people of New Orleans.” It’s scheduled to open in late 2024.
Read more details about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure:
- Logo for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Revealed
- First Look at Tiana’s New Outfit for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Model at D23 Expo 2022 Shows Removal of Iconic Splash Mountain Tree
- Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Backstory and More Information Revealed at D23 Expo 2022
- More Details Revealed for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Story, Original Cast Returning
For the latest Disney Parks news and info, follow WDW News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.