We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, February 16, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Registration opened this morning for Annual Passholder previews of TRON Lightcycle / Run.
- We also know exactly what dates are going to be reserved for Passholder previews.
- And quick as they became available, reservations for Passholder previews ran out for TRON Lightcycle / Run this afternoon.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney Vacation Club announced a new $3-per-point increase on one-time-use points effective immediately.
- Due to low demand, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser guests now only have one dinner service per night instead of two.
- We spotted lots of new jewelry around Walt Disney World today including runDisney, Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Wars, and train-themed items.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is striving to be more inclusive by training their stylists on how to work with textured hair as well as more adaptive costumes.
- Following an overwhelming rejection of Disney’s “best and final offer” by Cast Member unions and a further refusal to budge by Disney, Cast Member unions did not return to the negotiating table today and have threatened public action.
- A guest riding Toy Story Midway Mania spotted a glaring error (quite literally) on the attraction from Windows XP.
- We have a full look at the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit collection, now available on the west coast!
- To accommodate the refurbishment of the French Market and Mint Julep Bar into Tiana’s Palace, Mickey beignets and mint juleps will be moving to Royal Street Veranda.
- We’re going quantum with this new Ooze Cauldron sipper inspired by “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.”
- New items themed to the “Dream… and Shine Brighter!” show alongside Kevin & Jody pieces and new Pandora charms will arrive later this year at Disneyland Paris.
Entertainment & Media
- Disney released the very first clip from Season 3 of “The Mandalorian” today ahead of its March 1 debut.
The Walt Disney Company
- The lead Imagineer on the Storyliving by Disney — Cotino project spoke out today, and noted that Walt Disney used to call Palm Springs his “Laughin’ Place”
- A Disney100 train LEGO set is on its way!
- We took a special first look inside Disney100: The Exhibition, opening this weekend at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.
WDW News Today
NFL Player Says Runaway Railway is Not for Kids, $69 Flights Between Disneyland & Walt Disney World – Disneyland News Today 2/16
Top 7 Best (& Worst) Things From Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary, WDWNT: The Match Game Returns – WDW News Tonight Episode 238
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!