A number of festival marketplaces have been set up at Disney California Adventure, giving the first glance at some of the unique food and beverage options guests can expect at the 2023 DCA Food & Wine Festival. The celebration runs from March 3 through April 25.
Twelve dedicated food marketplaces will be serving up unique meals, snacks, and beverages as a part of this year’s celebration. We got our first look at some of this year’s food marketplaces as Cast Members prepare for the 2023 Food & Wine Festival to kick off at Disney California Adventure in under two weeks.
Avocado Time is a marketplace that’s all about delivering fresh, meatless flavors. While we were really excited to try frozen guacamole at the 2022 festival, it doesn’t look like that unique treat will be making its return.
For the 2023 DCA Food & Wine Festival, Avocado Time will be featuring:
- Impossible Nacho Mac and Cheese: Cheddar Mac featuring Impossible ground beef, sour cream, olives, jalapenos, and guacamole – $7
- Impossible Al Pastor Taco featuring Impossible Pork with grilled pineapple and avocado tomatillo sauce – $7.25
- Blackberry-Lavender Lemonade (non-alcoholic): Blackberry Puree and Syrup, Lavender Syrup, Pineapple and Lemon Juices, garnished with a lemon wheel – $6.50
Guests can add a green or purple Grape Glow Cube to the Blackberry-Lavender Lemonade, or any beverage at the festival. The festival keepsake will cost $6.50.
California Craft Brews
California Craft Brews is the food marketplace you’ll want to hang out at if you’re looking to try a round-up of California’s best local breweries.
This year, California Craft Brews will be offering:
- IPA Sausage Dog on a soft pretzel roll with onion pepper jardinière, cheddar cheese sauce, and malt vinegar onion crunch – $7.25
Beers By the Glass
- La Bodega Brewing Company, Buena Suerte Helles Lager, Whittier, CA (4.8% ABV) – $14.25
- Unsung Brewing Co., Buzzman, Light Ale, Anaheim, CA (5.2% ABV) – $14.25
- Harland Brewing Co., Rumbler, Double Dry-Hopped Pale Ale, San Diego CA (5.4% ABV) – $14.25
- Altamont Brewing, Maul Waur IPA, Livermore, CA (6.5% ABV) – $14.25
- Barrelhouse Brewing, Mango IPA, Fruited IPA, Paso Robles, CA (6.2% ABV) – $13
- Delahunt Brewing Co., 1924 Raspberrv Blonde, Blonde Ale, San Clemente, CA (4.8% ABV) – $14.25
- Brewery X, Pineapple Vanilla Milkshake Double IPA, Anaheim, CA (8.3 % ABV) – $13
- Bottle Logic Brewing Co., Aurora Borealis, Green Honeydew and Lime Hard Seltzer. Anaheim CA (8.0% ABV) – $14.25
- Chapman Crafted Beer, Zodiac Series, Hazy IPA, Orange, CA (7.0% ABV) – $13
- Crowns & Hops Brewing Co., The Dopest, Hazy IPA, Inglewood, CA (6.8% ABV) – $14.25
- Golden Road Brewing, Strawberry Cart, Wheat Ale, Los Angeles CA (6.0% ABV) – $13
- Ballast Point Brewing Co., Watermelon Dorado, Double IPA, San Diego, CA (10% ABV) – $14.25
- Russian River Brewing Company, Happy Hops IPA, Santa Rosa, CA (6.5% ABV) – $13
Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo touts itself as a sports fan’s dream, serving up typical bar foods like sliders and wings alongside a variety of beers.
Among the fare you can look forward to at this festival marketplace, Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo will be serving up Smoked Honey-Habenero Chicken Wings and BBQ Beef Brisket Sliders. Guests can choose to wash either handheld down with a Chipotle-Pineapple Bourbon sour.
The second of two menu boards leaves Food & Wine Festival guests in suspense, covered by an opening soon banner over black and white cow print. Last year, Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo offered similar fare, including Ranch Wings we found to be a bit average and a French Onion Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider that hit it out of the park.
The Garlic Kissed booth offers a variety of dishes that will be sure to scare away any vampires, but these dishes and two very unique beverages might be worth the risk.
This year’s Garlic Kissed menu includes:
- Carbonara Garlic Mac & Cheese with Neuske’s Peppered Bacon – $8.50
- Grilled Top Sirloin with roasted garlic-Gruyère smashed potatoes and black garlic chimichurri – $9
- Raspberry Limoncello-Ade: Limoncello, Grapefruit Liqueur, House-made Mint Syrup, Raspberry Syrup and Lemon Juice, garnished with a White Orchid – $16
- Guava-Lychee Mule: Vodka, Guava Nectar, Ginger and Lychee Syrups, Lemon Juice, topped with Guava and Grapefruit Hard Cider, garnished with a lemon wheel – $17
We had a chance to try out both dishes at last year’s festival, so be sure to catch a closer look at these hearty, garlicky dishes in our full menu review.
Disney sure loves the term “Golden Dream.” This is the Golden State after all, but it also shares its name with the theme from “The American Adventure” at EPCOT and a film about California which played here at Disney California Adventure from 2001 through 2008. Guests can enjoy a little taste of California at this food marketplace. Fitting, isn’t it?
It seems the entire menu has been overhauled this year, a shame since Golden Dreams was our favorite booth of all last year. We can only hope this year it still holds up. The full menu is as follows:
- Elote Paleta: Sweet corn paleta with parm crema, chile-lime seasoning, corn crunch, and cilantro – $6
- Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Flatbread: with basil pesto – $7.25
- Central California Cooler (non-alcoholic): Peach purée, apple, orange, and lemon juices, garnished with an apple chip – $6.75
Nuts About Cheese
Nuts? Cheese? Sign us up! This booth offers the best in those finer savory things in life and we’re excited to chow down on the menu this year.
Sadly, it looks like our surprise favorite Peanut Butter & Jelly Mac from last year will not be returning, although we’re glad to see the Crackers & Cheese and the Mickey Mouse Shaped Macaron made with SNICKERS both return! Here’s what the full menu looks like:
- Petite Burrata: Grilled ciabatta with Tomato & Olive Jam, Burrata Cheese, Pesto, and freeze-dried Balsalmic – $8.75
- Crackers & Cheese: House-made herb crackers with white cheddar-infused fromage blanc, spicy salami spread, and cherry jam – $8
- SNICKERS Caramel-Peanut Milk Chocolate Mickey Macaron: Chocolate Mickey macaron filled with caramel ganache and SNICKERS pieces – $6.50
- Flowers & Bees: Gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, honey, hibiscus, and lavender syrups garnished with a Purple Pansy – $16
It probably isn’t hard to guess what type of fare Peppers Cali-ente will be offering to guests at this year’s festival. This marketplace will, of course, be serving up spicy options with a “California twist.”
Last year, Peppers Cali-ente served up flavors that were bold and refreshing. After giving them a full review, we’re excited to see the Chile Relleno Empanada and Cantarito-Style Paloma return for the 2023 Food and Wine Festival at Disney California Adventure. Here’s a look at each of the items revealed as part of the 2023 line-up:
- Chile Relleno Empanada with Arbol Pepper Salas and Oaxaca and Cotija Cheeses – $8.50
- Camarones a la Diabla: Spicy Shrimp with California Chile and Cilantro Rice – $8.50
- Cantarito-style Paloma: Reposado Tequila, Habanero-infused Pineapple Juice, Pock Melon Syrup, and Fresca, garnished with a Pineapple Wheel and Chile-Lime Seasoning – $15
Let’s celebrate our love for California with a visit to Uncork California! This booth focuses on classic Californian dishes and beverages, by which of course we mean wine.
Much like at Cluck-a-Doodle-Moo, the full menu was covered over today, but we did catch that the California Artisan Cheese Plate will return. New for the Disney100 celebration is a Celebration Chocolate Fudge Brownie and a Century of Magic Mimosa Flight. You can check out last year’s review for an idea of what things will be like.
If you plan to attend this year’s festivities, be sure to take a look back at our full guide to the 2022 Food & Wine Festival to see what treats, drinks, and special activities might be in store for this year’s festival at Disney California Adventure.
Are you excited to visit the 2022 Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival? Let us know in the comments below!
For more Disneyland Resort news and info, follow Disneyland News Today on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. For Disney Parks news worldwide, visit WDWNT.