In honor of the 100th anniversary of The Walt Disney Company, CITIZEN is donating Mickey Mouse clocks to schools and other community institutions in Walt Disney’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri.
CITIZEN hosted a donation event on March 16 and entered a year-long partnership with the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. The official timekeeper of Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort donated Disney Citizen Mickey Mouse Clocks to Walt Disney Elementary, Father MacCarten School, Marceline High School, Marceline Early Learning Center, and more.
On June 3, 2023, D23 is hosting a celebration in Marceline that will include CITIZEN dedicating a clock at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. Here is the full list of what the event includes:
- Motorcoach transportation for the round-trip journey from Chillicothe, Missouri, to Marceline
- Special presentation and Q&A with Bob Wilson, retired CEO, COO of Retlaw Enterprises, the Disney family’s private corporation
- Lunch at your choice of one of Marceline’s local restaurants
- Access to the Walt Disney Hometown Museum
- Ability to explore various parts of Marceline, such as the Marceline Post Office, Walt Disney Elementary School, and other locations on Main Street
- Access to a clock dedication ceremony, from CITIZEN, at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum Garden
- Visit to the property of Walt Disney’s former family farm, featuring live music and a hometown dinner
- A commemorative gift created exclusively for this special occasion
The event will last from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. D23 Gold Members can purchase tickets for $350 each on the D23 website.