We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The walkway next to the newly renamed Tomorrowland Launch Depot at Magic Kingdom has opened to all guests, meaning anyone can now access Energy Bytes, the TRON snack stand.
- Disney has shared the first look of an attraction photo and video, plus a new prop photo now available for riders of TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom.
- Reservations are now available for the TRON Identity Program, allowing guests to create personalized action figures beginning April 4 in Magic Kingdom.
- The Carousel of Progress at Magic Kingdom broke down while rotating from one scene to the next, offering guests a unique glimpse into the 20th Century this past weekend.
- Breakfast and lunch will return to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in EPCOT in May of this year.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios hours have been extended for the first two weeks of April 2023.
- After temporarily going missing in February, the neon signs of The Hollywood Brown Derby have returned to the restaurant in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A new park map has made its way to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, replacing the old “EARidescent” themed one from Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- New items specifically commemorating the 1930s have been released on shopDisney as the second phase of the Disney100 Decades Collection.
- A new Mickey and Friends t-shirt featuring rarely-seen Disney characters has arrived at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park has reopened to guests today, following a four-month refurbishment and a few weather delays.
- With the reopening of Typhoon Lagoon, guests had the chance to be among the first to pick up a colorful new Typhoon Lagoon & Blizzard Beach souvenir cup.
- Polynesian guests have taken to social media to criticize the choreography of the “Moana” section of the “Magic Happens” parade, which recently returned to Disneyland.
- Disneyland will be closing an hour early today, Tuesday, March 21, due to inclement weather in California.
- The second Disney100 Decades Collection, inspired by the 1930s, has now arrived across Disneyland Resort to help celebrate the centennial anniversary of the Walt Disney Company.
Disney Cruise Line
- Join us as we explore the unique pools of the Disney Wish, plus the Toy Story Splash Zone and Slide-a-Saurus Rex.
Entertainment and Media
- Damon Lindelof and Justin Britt-Gibson have reportedly exited their “Star Wars” film after turning in a script.
- A new 30-minute special about Disney100: The Exhibition, currently open at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, will premiere this Thursday.
The Walt Disney Company
- The Walt Disney Company is set to begin a series of company-wide layoffs next week ahead of their April 3 virtual shareholders meeting.
WDW News Today
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!