We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, March 27, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Virtual Queue & Individual Lightning Lane options for TRON Lightcycle / Run continue to sell out quickly each day since the attraction’s soft opening began.
- Scaffolding now completely surrounds the tree at the top of Splash Mountain as crews prepare to remove it for the transformation of the Magic Kingdom attraction into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.
- The pricing and menus have been released for the return of breakfast and lunch to Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Disney has announced all of the Earth Day 2023 treats that will be available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Walt Disney World Resort hotels next month.
- Most Walt Disney World 50th anniversary merchandise is now on sale as the celebration winds down.
- We found a new Spirit Jersey for “The Lion King” at the Emporium in Magic Kingdom.
- Stitch is styling as he jams out on his ukulele and lounges beneath the palm trees on a new tie-dye Spirit Jersey, spotted today at the Creations Shop in EPCOT.
- A new collection of Magic Kingdom-inspired merchandise featuring Joey Chou artwork is available at Walt Disney World.
- Two new MagicBand+ designs have arrived in EPCOT that celebrate some of Disney’s favorite female characters. Fans of “Star Wars” and “The Little Mermaid” will want to see these newly released MagicBands.
- Disney California Adventure will construct and open a new exit shop for the canceled Avengers Campus E-Ticket Ride.
- The nooses on Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris have been removed as sensitivity updates continue on Disney attractions around the world.
Entertainment and Media
- Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson is set to direct Disney’s live-action hybrid remake of “The Aristocats.”
- Liv Tyler will return as Betty Ross to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, fifteen years after her appearance in “The Incredible Hulk.”
- Jeremy Renner shared the first video of him walking again following his snowplow accident on New Year’s Day.
- The songwriting duo behind Disney’s “Frozen” have revealed that they found out about the third movie of the franchise on the same day Disney CEO Bob Iger announced the threequel to the public.
- EW has provided a first look at “The Muppets Mayhem,” a new Disney+ series focusing on Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem.
- While a second season of “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” has not yet been greenlit officially, author Rick Riordan said in his spring update blog post that the writers’ room has already started work on adapting the second book to screen.
The Walt Disney Company
- Disney CEO Bob Iger has released a statement confirming layoffs will begin this week within the company.
- Senior Vice President of Production for Hulu, Mark Levenstein, and Jayne Bieber, senior vice president of Production Management & Operations for Freeform, are the first executives to be let go this week.
WDW News Today
Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster to Return Unchanged, Via Napoli Pizza Rated the Same as PizzeRizzo
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
PHOTOS: Imagineers Bring Classic Disney World Park Characters to Life for 'Drawing on Inspiration: 5...January 14, 2022
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Coaster to Add Holiday Music Tracks for Christmas Ride Overla...June 23, 2022
Poster for Happily Ever After Nighttime Spectacular Replaces Disney Enchantment at Magic Kingdom Ent...April 3, 2023