Right in time for May the Fourth and Disneyland After Dark: “Star Wars” Nite, Hyperspace Mountain is returning to Disneyland this May.
Hyperspace Mountain Returning to Disneyland
From May 1 through June 4, Space Mountain will receive its seasonal “Star Wars”-themed overlay. The ride experience features iconic music by John Williams. The overlay was created to celebrate the intellectual property and the informal holiday, May the 4th, for a play on words in reference to the popular movie quote, “May the Force (fourth) be with you.”
The Hyperspace Mountain overlay is currently used at three of the Disneyland parks. The version at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim opened as part of the “Season of the Force” event on November 14th, 2015. The Hong Kong Disneyland version opened June 11th, 2016, as part of the “Star Wars: Tomorrowland Takeover” event. On May 6th, 2017, the update opened in Disneyland Paris as Hyperspace Mountain.
Starting May 1 in Disneyland, “Star Wars” characters will greet guests on a screen as they enter the Space Mountain attraction. Some of the signage will be in Aurebesh and English.
Check out our full ride point-of-view (POV) video above!
‘Star Wars’ Nites
The overlay is timed to begin just before Disneyland After Dark: “Star Wars” Nite, where, according to Disneyland’s official announcement, guests will enjoy “the ultimate Star Wars extravaganza at an after-hours party packed with galactic fun.” The event is scheduled for May 2, 4, 8 and 11, 2023.
Tickets for this fan-favorite event sell quickly, and admission is already sold out for the upcoming dates in May.
Disneyland After Dark: ‘Star Wars’ Nite Event Highlights
Event highlights include:
- Early admission at 6:00 p.m. with no park reservation required
- “Star Wars”: Celebrate the Nite Fireworks Show featuring iconic music from the films as a pyrotechnical spectacle illuminates the skies above Sleeping Beauty Castle
- Character experiences
- Galactic Dance Party
- Disney PhotoPass photographers taking guests’ pictures against event-themed backdrops
- After-Hours access to attractions, including Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance with (usually) shorter wait times
- Themed eats including sweet and savory menu options at select Disneyland Park locations
- Themed merchandise, while supplies last
- Event Keepsakes, including a commemorative credential and guide map as well as unlimited downloads of Disney PhotoPass digital photos taken during the party
- Costumes allowed: dress up as your favorite “Star Wars” character
For more information about Disneyland After Dark events, take a look at these posts:
- Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite and Throwback Nite Returning This Spring
- BREAKING: Disneyland After Dark Ticketed Events Return for 2023 With New Princess Nite
- Full List of Themed Treats Available at Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite
Want to see our historical coverage of the Hyperspace Mountain overlay? Check out these articles!
Are you excited to ride Hyperspace Mountain at Disneyland? Let us know in the comments.