They’re taking it all the way back to the past here at Disneyland for Throwback Nite, and now we’re getting more details on the exclusive greetings coming specifically for the upcharge party on April 18 and 20! Today, the park released a list of these special greetings and photo ops which show off Disneyland’s past.
Throwback Nite Greetings & Photo Ops
Characters available to greet during the event include:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Pinocchio & Friends
- Cinderella & Friends
- Aurora & Friends
- Hyacinth Hippo and Mademoiselle Upanova from “Fantasia”
- Alice & Friends
- Peter Pan & Friends
- The Three Little Pigs and the Big Bad Wolf
- Mother & Father from Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress
- Tomorrowland Space Couple
- Mr. Morrow from Flight to the Moon
Meanwhile, several photo ops will be available throughout the park. These include:
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Walt Disney’s Disneyland Park
- Disneyland Marquee
- Mighty Microscope
- Rainbow Caverns Mine Train
New Orleans Square
- Disneyland Railroad
All of these photo ops will be available to all guests of Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite on April 18 and 20.
Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite
This one is the coolest, daddy-o! Don your favorite flashback fashions and join us for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite, an after-hours soiree inspired by the debonair days of the ‘50s and ‘60s. Take a trip down memory lane to relive Disney’s classic past with music and entertainment that pay tribute to the first decade of Disneyland park. Mickey Mouse and his friends will sport retro outfits, along with visits from some nostalgic characters, which will make for great photo moments! Here are some additional highlights of what you’ll enjoy:
- Gaze upon “Fantasy in the Sky,” a nighttime spectacular giving a nod to the same-named fireworks display that first illuminated the night in Disneyland park in 1957!
- Do the twist, the mashed potato and bunny hop your way to dance parties around Disneyland park with bands and deejays inspired by the era.
- Snack like it’s 1955 with treats that are inspired by the park’s early days, made once again just for this event!
- Picture yourself in vintage photo backdrops of attractions and posters from yesteryear like Skyway or Autopia, and from timeless Disney films captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers at the party.
- Enjoy after-hours access to iconic Disneyland attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight, Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise.
- Enjoy pre-party mix-in admission to Disneyland park starting at 6 p.m., no theme park reservation required.
Are you excited for Disneyland After Dark: Throwback Nite at the park? Let us know in the comments below!