Today we stopped by The Friar’s Nook at Magic Kingdom Park to try the new Caramel Apple-Pecan Hand Pie. Let’s see how it fared.
Caramel Apple-Pecan Hand Pie — $5.99
Drizzled with Vanilla Custard Sauce
The Friar’s Nook is a quick-service dining location inside Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. Inspired by the classic Disney animated film “Robin Hood,” you can find The Friar’s Nook across from the entrance to Seven Dwarves Mine Train. It is worth noting that while this hand pie does show up on the breakfast menu at The Friar’s Nook on the MyDisneyExperience app, it is not available for purchase until after 11 a.m.
This hand pie has a classic crispy filo dough crust that is nice, crispy, and warm. The pie itself tastes very fresh.
The outside is covered in cinnamon sugar which is delicious, but very messy. Our hands were covered in sugar instantly, but it adds a nice cinnamon-sweet touch that is needed. There is a vanilla custard sauce drizzled over the hand pie, and it is not too sweet, but admittedly tastes more like icing than custard. We liked the drizzle a lot. It almost replicates the effect of a scoop of vanilla ice cream on a slice of warm apple pie.
The inside is layered with your typical canned apple pie filling. Surprisingly, what we enjoyed most was the layers of pecans on the inside. They add a nice texture and crunch to round out the bite nicely.
Overall, we would say this hand pie is worth the price. It’s not necessarily something we would come running back for only because of how messy it was, but it’s easy enough to eat while you walk around the park.
It would be better on a cooler day, though.
Check out some other food reviews we have done recently at Walt Disney World:
- REVIEW: Narcoossee’s Reopens With New ‘Land and Sea’ Menu and Refurbished, Modernized Look at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- REVIEW: California Grill Retires 50th Anniversary Offerings, Debuts NEW Prix Fixe Menu with Return of Goat Cheese Ravioli at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- REVIEW: Coffee Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Returns to Gideon’s Bakehouse for April 2023
- REVIEW: Bee Hive Mousse Dome for Earth Day 2023 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- REVIEW: Unearth the New Dino Dig Ice Cream Sandwich at Dino-Bite Snacks in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Is the Caramel Apple-Pecan Hand Pie something you’ll make a point to grab on your next visit to Magic Kingdom? Let us know in the comments.