We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, May 31, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The new Annual Passholder lounge opened for a limited time at The Land today.
- Fans of Guardians of the Galaxy can have a bag of Zarg Nuts while they enjoy the lounge.
- We also tried the lounge-exclusive Figment-inspired shake and tart while we stopped in.
- A crane has arrived in World Showcase Lagoon to begin construction on the new nighttime spectacular to replace “Harmonious.”
- As part of their annual test before Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Cast Members appeared as Jack Skellington and Sally today.
- There’s a new Pride mural in World Discovery just in time for Pride Month and Juneteenth.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Reservations opened today for 2024 stays at Walt Disney World, but had to close quickly as guests tried to overwhelm the system.
- Fortunately the system reopened to guests later this morning.
- The new Walt Disney World Annual Passholder magnet featuring Figment is now available at EPCOT.
- Three new pins celebrating the fifth anniversary of Toy Story Land are now available at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Other Walt Disney World Resort News
- Prices are out for the Disney Dining Plan for next year!
- As part of V.I.Passholder Days, a special 30% discount is now in effect all over Walt Disney World as well as on shopDisney.
- It’s time to be movin’ along, as Splash Mountain has permanently closed at Disneyland.
- Quick as it happened, walls went up around the ride for its transformation into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure to begin.
- Its narration has also been removed from the Disneyland Railroad spiel.
- But before the ride closed, guests were warned yesterday to not collect the water as they took their final journey down Chick-a-Pin Hill.
- A new “Elemental”-themed preshow is on its way to “World of Color” starting next month!
- The final 2023 performance of “Wondrous Journeys” will take place in August, but it’ll return in 2024!
- We finally have word on the dates and pricing for this year’s Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure.
Entertainment & Media
- Special limited release Indiana Jones-themed merchandise is now available on shopDisney for Disney+ subscribers, and will release to the general public later.
- The Tony Award-winning director of “Hamilton” will come aboard to direct the live-action remake of “Moana.”
The Walt Disney Company
- Gen Con is currently forcing guests who paid for extra Disney Lorcana-related events to give them up even after their hotel cancellation window has ended.
- Disney completed its third and final round of layoffs today, making the total impact 7000 employees.
WDW News Today
Disney Parade Replaced with Cast Member Strike, Figment Passholder Celebration Begins at EPCOT – NewsToday 5/31
Spider-Man: Homecoming Discussion: Marvel’s Web-Slinging Adventure is now on Disney+! – Deep in the Plus
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!