Disneyland Paris and non-profit Petits Princes fulfilled the wish of Aelys, a 7-year-old with a critical illness, to cook at Bistrot Chez Rémy, plus meet the main “Ratatouille” character.
Read the Disneyland Paris press release below.
Aelys Fulfills Her Dream Of Cooking at Bistrot Chez Rémy
The Petits Princes non-profit organization and Disneyland Paris teamed up to grant Aelys’s wish to cook a dish at Bistrot Chez Rémy, where she even got to meet her favorite character!
While she was visiting Disneyland Paris with her family to spend magical moments and put aside the challenges she faces every day due to her illness, Aelys was treated to some lovely surprises that Bistrot Chez Rémy’s team had prepared to make her dream come true.
After being greeted by the restaurant’s chef, who personally handed her a chef’s outfit, Aelys was invited to discover the restaurant’s kitchens and use all her talent and diligence to cook a delicious dish while following the chef’s insightful and encouraging advice. And, as the icing on the cake, Remy – her favorite character from the Ratatouille movie – surprised her by coming to meet her in person while she was tasting the dish. Aelys and her family certainly had an unforgettable time!
The Petits Princes non-profit organization and Disneyland Paris are committed to bringing joy, hope and inspiration to children facing challenging circumstances. This collaboration is a reminder of the impact that these actions can have on children and their families.
Disneyland Paris has granted more than 20,000 wishes in collaboration with 40 global wish-granting organizations since opening in 1992.
Petits Princes is similar to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the U.S.A., which Disney also has a long history with. Since 1980, Disney has helped Make-A-Wish give more than 145,000 wishes around the world, delighting families and bringing hope, strength, and joy to wish children.
Bistrot Chez Rémy is located in Walt Disney Studios Park, part of the Worlds of Pixar area, and beside Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy. This is the original version of Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, which is also now found in the France Pavilion of EPCOT.
Be sure to check out the latest Disneyland Paris news:
- VIDEO: Disneyland Paris Sets Disney Record with Incredible Bastille Day Fireworks Show Featuring 1,500 DRONES Set to Music from ‘Beauty and the Beast,’ ‘Hunchback,’ & More
- Disneyland Paris Announces Details for New Annual Pass Program Beginning July 19
- Construction Continues on Arendelle Area at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris
- Disneyland Paris President Says No Discussion on Cast Member Wages Until August Despite Recent Strikes
- Disney Shares Backstage Glimpse of Upcoming Casa de Coco Restaurant in Disneyland Paris
- New Props Added to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril Queue at Disneyland Paris for ‘Dial of Destiny’
- Imagineers Share New Story and Effect Details About Les Mystères du Nautilus Refurbishment in Disneyland Paris
- RUMOR: Permits Indicate Alice in Wonderland Themed BMX Show Coming to Disneyland Paris