We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Thursday, July 20, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Disney has announced times for Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade and Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom this year.
- Earlier this month, BeaverTails appeared on the Refreshment Port menu for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival, but unfortunately, the beloved treat has now been removed.
- The Bacon Brothers, the musical duo of Kevin Bacon and Michael Bacon, have been removed from the Eat to the Beat Concert Series lineup for the 2023 EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge blueprints and other construction documents were recently auctioned off by Van Eaton Galleries.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been closed since COVID-19 shut down Walt Disney World in March 2020, but Disney is still surveying guests about it.
Other Walt Disney World News
- The Central Florida Tourism Oversight District has reached an agreement with the Reedy Creek fire department’s union for one unit after reopening negotiations last month.
- A car accident on World Drive at Walt Disney World has caused the northbound section of the road to close, forcing traffing to exit.
- The lawsuit against Disneyland for its Magic Key Holder program is coming to a close, as a joint motion to adjourn the case and settle has been filed.
- The 1970s Disney100 Decades collection has arrived at Disneyland Resort. This collection celebrates Disney media released in the 1970s, including “The Aristocats,” “The Rescuers,” “Pete’s Dragon,” and the Muppets.
- Attention, Foolish Mortals! New Haunted Mansion merchandise has materialized at Disneyland Resort.
- Avengers Campus at Disneyland Paris opened one year ago today, on July 20, 2022. Disney is celebrating the land’s first anniversary with a few special offerings.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Construction is nearly complete on World of Frozen at Hong Kong Disneyland, which will be the first “Frozen”-themed land when it opens later this year.
Entertainment and Media
- Doom Buggy rickshaws are available as free transportation in San Diego this weekend to advertise the new “Haunted Mansion” movie during San Diego Comic-Con.
- Ahsoka’s costume, a model of her starship, concept art, and more are on display at San Diego Comic-Con a month before the premiere of “Star Wars: Ahsoka” on Disney+.
The Walt Disney Company
- At the end of the next Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Board of Supervisors meeting, the Board will meet with their attorneys to “discuss strategy and settlement negotiations” related to Disney’s lawsuit against them.
WDW News Today
- Tonight, don’t miss the internet’s only comedy show about Disney Parks! Join us at 9 p.m. ET for a recap of the latest news, a discussion of what we would do on a $1000,000 Walt Disney World date, and the 2nd Annual WDWNT Theme Park Electric Wheelchair Rodeo.
2nd Annual Theme Park Electric Wheelchair Rodeo, A $100,000 Date at Walt Disney World
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!