The D23 website has revealed a couple of new panels for the upcoming Destination D23 event in September, including a panel for EPCOT to commemorate its recent overhaul and one for the 25th anniversary of Disney Cruise Line.
Two New Panels Announced
The first panel is known as Disney Cruise Line: 25 Years of Innovative Design at Sea.
Get an inside look into designing and building Disney Cruise Ships from the Disney Imagineers currently working on its newest fleet. Learn of the intricacies that go into designing unique spaces and the complexities of ship design.
Secondly, there’s EPCOT: Always in a State of Becoming.
A look into the design and ideas behind the transformation of EPCOT and its new neighborhoods, attractions and experiences. Explore the legacy of the park and discover more about the collaboration between Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney World Resort throughout this ambitious process. Highlights include details uncovered by the Marty Sklar Archives and the inspirations that have guided the evolution of Disney’s first park without a castle.
Destination D23 is sold out now, though some presentations will be livestreamed. It will take place from September 8 through 10 at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in Walt Disney World. Here are some of the highlights of the event from the official site:
- Hear from Disney archivists, historians, Imagineers, cast members, animators and luminaries—including Disney Legends Bill Farmer and Don Hahn; the voice actors behind some of Disney’s most iconic characters, Bret Iwan, Kaitlyn Robrock, and Ashley Eckstein; Disney on Broadway’s own Genie, Michael James Scott from Aladdin; and many more—in two days of programming worthy of the first century of Disney—and beyond!
- Join Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro as he hosts a fun and entertaining presentation about what makes a Disney experience so magical and memorable for guests and fans around the world.
- Dial the clock back to 1923 with Disney Legend Don Hahn and Director of the Walt Disney Archives Becky Cline and learn about Walt Disney’s Journey to join his brother Roy in California, and the earliest days of The Walt Disney Company—from the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio to the Alice Comedies, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and how everyone’s favorite mouse became a superstar!
- Catch up with the voice actors behind fan-favorite Disney characters, including Bret Iwan (Mickey Mouse), Kaitlyn Robrock (Minnie Mouse), and Disney Legend Bill Farmer (Pluto, Goofy), and join them for a hilarious “table read” of iconic scenes from 100 years of Disney history.
- Get weird with the Walt Disney Archives and experience 100 years of “weird Disney” moments in the centennial edition of a Destination D23 fan favorite!
- Journey through Disney’s history of optimism and innovation with the people who are part of a rich history of storytellers and inventors, beginning with Walt Disney’s relentless optimism and innovative spirit and leading us to some of the bright minds who are shaping Disney’s boundless future.
- Go down the rabbit hole to discover the “Disney you didn’t know” as the Walt Disney Archives uncovers some of the most astonishing Disney discoveries, connections, and little-known facts that will change everything—or at least some things—you thought you knew about the Disney universe.
- Celebrate 100 years of Walt Disney Animation Studios with legendary animators and guests, and get a sneak peek at their highly-anticipated upcoming feature film, Wish!
- On the evening of Sunday, September 10, kick off the spookiest season in style, and “skeleton dance” the night away with our Disney+ Hallowstream Costume Bash, the grand finale to a weekend full of fun and surprises!
- 60 Years of Disney’s Audio-Animatronics® Technology Exhibit: The Walt Disney Archives and Walt Disney Imagineering join creative forces for a special exhibition at Destination D23 to celebrate the history of Audio-Animatronics technology. This exclusive exhibit will showcase the evolution of the art and its related technology through a diverse showcase of rare figural assets, photography, and vintage ephemera and documentation all in the name of celebrating key moments from Walt’s earliest inspirations and development to modern-day marvels.
- Mickey’s of Glendale: The Walt Disney Imagineering campus store returns with a pop-up shop at the event featuring a selection of exclusive Destination D23 and Walt Disney Imagineering merchandise available for purchase. Trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees through a random selection process (RSP) opportunity.**
- The Walt Disney Company Store: For the first time, D23 Gold Members on the East Coast will have access to a pop-up version of the official Walt Disney Company Store, featuring both employee- and D23 Member-exclusive merchandise! Please note that limited-edition trading pins for this event will be offered to attendees exclusively through a RSP opportunity.**
- Ink & Paint Marketplace: Attendees will also have the opportunity to shop at this marketplace of exclusive Disney partners for exciting products from around The Walt Disney Company!**
Are you going to Destination D23 or planning to watch online? Let us know what you’re excited about in the comments.