Some adventurers received a Disney Treasure map chock full of Easter eggs from Disney Cruise Line today. The map’s packaging also had a few teasers.
Scott Gustin shared photos of the stamps on the packaging.
The stamps reference:
- Neverland (Peter Pan and Captain Hook will be on the ship’s stern)
- Jungle Cruise
- Castaway Cay (Disney Cruise Line’s private island)
- The Haunted Mansion (a Haunted Mansion bar and lounge are rumored for the ship)
- Spider-Man (Worlds of Marvel will reportedly be on the ship with a new show)
- Coco (it’s rumored there will be a “Coco” dinner show)
- Aladdin (the atrium is Agrabah-inspired)
Fans who received the map had to open a puzzle box from adventurer Arthur Quinn. Disney Cruise Line Blog provided the text of his letter, below:
It’s been too long since our paths have crossed. I recall the first time we met, deep in a thicket along the Nile River basin, both of us having followed the same family of hippos unbeknownst to one another! It is one of my fondest memories, watching the hippo matriarch soak you hat to sock with river water bubbles! What a scrambled misadventure!
I have heard tale of your continued expeditions and am glad to see the spirit of adventure still alive and well in you! Which is why I am reaching out to you now. There is an important and very special adventure I just recently experienced and must share with you. It was, in a word, magical.
I must remind you, soon-to-be-dear-friend, that I am a pragmatic sort. I do not use the word magical frivolously.
Of course, you know my grandmother, Hana Quinn, the most legendary of all the Quinn Family. She who helmed mighty sea adventures, tracing the path of captain Nemo’s Nautilus, traversed the great Amazon rainforest (on foot), and spelunked down the most wondrous jewel-bedecked cave near Agrabah. My grandmother sparked the spirit of exploration in the hearts of our whole family. Well, the very special quest I allude to was discovered in her study.
Normally I’d regale you with the details of this enterprise, but I need you to experience it yourself, and corroborate my own immense enchantment.
Enclosed is a treasure map that will lead you to the priceless something I didn’t know I lacked until It was there in my arms| A treasure that must be treasured, haha!
I hope this serves to tantalize you into solving the little riddle I’ve left you on the back of this letter. My grandmother always asked if we had “packed enough” of this extra special, hard-to-measure but very important necessity for our journey, and us Quinns would laugh and proclaim the answer immediately in unison. That one word answer to my riddle and to grandmother’s question is the passcode you will use on the world wide web, where the journey will begin. A world-wise explorer such as yourself should have no trouble.
Trust me. It’ll be worth it.
Yours in adventure,
P.S. Having trouble opening the little treasure box I’ve enclosed?
Just remember that sometimes the KEY that unlocks a great adventure is hidden just out of sight. Get a new ANGLE on the situation.
– Your adventure begins here –
Solve this riddle below and enter the resulting password at this website: REDACTED
- What animal soaked you sock to hat when we met? _ _ _ _ _
- The kid who plays with spiderwebs lives in this borough. _ _ _ _ _ _
- What kind of map have I sent you? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- The feline-shaped cave of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ can be found on the map. Another adventurer once found a magic lamp there.
- My grandmother went on mighty sea adventures tracing the route of this historic vessel – you can see it on the map! Do you recognize it? _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
To discover the word that will open a world of adventure for you, look at the five words you found from the questions above and take:
The first letter from answer *1
The third letter from answer *2
The fourth letter from answer *3
The sixth letter from answer *4
The fourth letter from answer *5
After figuring out the code, fans were directed to this video of Arthur Quinn: