We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Wednesday, August 16, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- Give Kids the World and Walt Disney World have partnered for a new fundraiser with a chance for participants to win the rare privilege of staying a night in the Cinderella Castle Suite at Magic Kingdom.
- One of the John Progress audio-animatronics on Carousel of Progress might have fanned himself a bit too hard, as one of his hands came loose and fell off his wrist at Magic Kingdom.
- The Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” page on the Walt Disney World website has been updated, revealing more information about the upcoming EPCOT attraction.
- Hawaii finally made it to the Food and Wine Festival today almost a month after it began. We reviewed the menu offerings.
- The cherry pickers parked in the Morocco Pavilion at EPCOT have been moved to the back of the site, revealing the standing menu sign for Tangierine Café: Flavors of the Medina.
- Croissant Doughnuts are finally available at EPCOT again.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- For more than three months, a signed photo of Aerosmith has been missing from Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster’s exit.
- Cardboard box theming has appeared on a building behind Woody’s Lunch Box in Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, after construction began over a year ago.
- If you’ve been looking to save some credits while you restock on your next trip to Batuu, all Legacy Lightsaber hilts are currently discounted at 30% off at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- An $1,800 “it’s a small world” hippo figurine made of salvaged ancient redwood trees by Ron & John Daniels is available at the Art of Disney store.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- A handful of new sweet and savory treats have arrived at Contempo Cafe at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, and we paid a visit to try them all.
- Another wing is being added to the new Disney Vacation Club tower under construction at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Other Walt Disney World News
- Disney Vacation Club has recently begun exercising its Right of First Refusal buybacks, which they had paused for more than six months.
- The Madrigal family from “Encanto” will soon be featured on some Disney Skyliner gondolas and “Coco” characters will adorn Walt Disney World buses.
- A Princess Belle Sipper is now available for purchase at various quick service locations and outdoor carts throughout Disneyland Resort.
- The Cozy Cone Motel, Sally’s roadside motel from “Cars,” is having some refurbishment work done to the entrance sign at Cars Land in Disney California Adventure.
- The new Disney Lorcana trading card game will be available at Disneyland Paris on the game’s official release date of August 18, 2023.
Hong Kong Disneyland
- Hong Kong Disneyland was testing the lights of the new, upcoming World of Frozen land this week, illuminating Elsa’s ice palace and the rest of Arendelle.
Disney Cruise Line
- Disney Cruise Line will be honoring Castaway Club members who have sailed with the cruise line 50 or more times with a new commemorative display on Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in The Bahamas.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!