We took our spaceship over to Alien Pizza Planet on a recent Disneyland day to try the Charred Broccolini & Lemon Chicken Pasta and Cinnamon Breadsticks with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce.
In addition to this pasta dish and breadstick dessert, Alien Pizza Planet serves fusilli dishes, pizzas, Impossible bolognese, and salads.
Charred Broccolini & Lemon Chicken Pasta – $12.49
Charred Broccolini, Diced Grilled Chicken and Red Bell Peppers, served with Chef’s Choice of Pasta tossed in a Lemon Cream Sauce and garnished with Grated Parmesan
Nothing from Alien Pizza Planet (except for maybe a macaron) is ever going to be more than passable. This is a very basic fast food pasta.
The least we can say is that it’s cooked. The chicken was fine. It’s of a quality you would find in that one decent grab-and-go airport salad you’ve ever had.
The broccolini was undercooked, and the lemon cream sauce just tasted like butter. This dish pretty much what we expected this to be.
Cinnamon Breadsticks with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce – $5.49
Warm Breadsticks rolled in Butter and Cinnamon Sugar, served with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
These are the typical breadsticks from Alien Pizza Planet but with cinnamon sugar and a cup of icing. Again, nothing about this is special, and one has to wonder what went wrong with your Disneyland day for this to be the snack you ended up with in a park full of good possibilities.
The breadsticks weren’t hot, but they were at least soft. The icing was rich and decadent, but there wasn’t enough for two breadsticks. It didn’t spread very well and we almost broke a knife in it. We wouldn’t recommend these.
Read more of our recent Disneyland Resort food reviews:
- REVIEW: Haunted Mansion Meal with Seafood Boil, Candle Dessert, and More at Café Orleans in Disneyland
- REVIEW: S’mores Macaron at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe in Disneyland
- REVIEW: New Street Corn, Melon Cocktail, and More at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill in San Fransokyo Square
- REVIEW: Lucky Fortune Cookery Serves New Karaage Chicken Sandwich, Yaki Udon Bowls, Baymax Macaron, and More in San Fransokyo Square
- REVIEW: Pastrami Pretzel Dog Brings Captain America Twist to Classic Dish for ‘Rogers: The Musical’ at Disney California Adventure
Have you eaten at Alien Pizza Planet? What did you think? Tell us in the comments.