We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Sunday, September 10, 2023.
Walt Disney World
- The first night of this year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party events at Magic Kingdom is sold out.
- A new “Coco” ear headband is available at Walt Disney World ahead of Día de los Muertos.
- The highly-anticipated, new Figment meet and greet debuted inside the Imagination! Pavilion today.
- The Figment meet and greet line closed for the day at about 2:45 p.m.; the wait to meet the dragon reached about 5 hours at its longest point.
- September has arrived, and with it comes the special monthly cookies at Gideon’s Bakehouse. We reviewed the two new offerings: Orange Pecan Chocolate Chip & Lemon Poppy Crumb.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- We checked in on the construction work at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and saw that the scaffolding above Gasparilla Island Grill has been removed.
- The first Christmas 2023 merchandise has arrived at Walt Disney World: an ily 4EVER doll set at M. Mouse Mercantile at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Aloha from BouTiki at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, where we found a coconut-shaped cup, as well as a new mug and a salt and pepper shaker set featuring Maui.
Other Walt Disney World News
- At Destination D23, the Asha meet and greet character from Disney’s upcoming “Wish” film debuted to take a photo with the studio showcase audience.
- The Plaza de la Familia event celebrating Día de los Muertos at Disney California Adventure commenced on September 1.
- For the first time since April, pyrotechnic effects have returned to “World of Color – ONE” at Disney California Adventure.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark Halloween overlay has returned to the Disney California Adventure attraction.
- A new collection of pins, shirts, and a loungefly bag have arrived at Disneyland Resort featuring crossover comic book cover art between Marvel and Disney100.
- Getting fast food from a galaxy far, far away is surprisingly easy — new merchandise celebrating Bantha Burgers, an aesthetically vintage, but entirely fictional fast-food chain from the “Star Wars” universe, is now available at Disneyland Resort.
- We stopped in to sample the newest drink offering, a butterscotch-apple mule, at Lamplight Lounge – Boardwalk Dining.
- A “Season’s Sweetings” Munchlings, Festive Berry Pavlova Baymax with Cranberry Sauce, has jingled all the way to Disneyland Resort more than 100 days before Christmas.
Entertainment and Media
- The 2023 “Haunted Mansion” movie will be streaming on Disney+ beginning on October 4, 2023, Disney announced during Destination D23 Sunday morning.
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!