Yet another new detail has been added to San Fransokyo Square in Disney California Adventure. The land, which took over what was previously Pacific Wharf, officially opened on August 31, but decorations and other elements are still popping up. In November, the Port of San Fransokyo sign was finally installed. This month, a new Baymax coin appeared above the medallions machine. And now a new sign featuring a “Monsters, Inc.” Easter egg has been installed.
San Fransokyo Square Sign
The sign is on a white lamppost behind the Bakery Tour, above a Baymax crossing and “Stop” sign.
The new sign is made out of a ship’s wheel, with bells and red and white strips hanging from the spokes.
A plaque reading “Historic” is on the top of the wheel, and in the center is a yellow circle reading “San Fransokyo Square.”
A red squid-like character is pictured holding kitchen utensils and wearing a white bandanna with a kanji in the center. The squid appears to be a reference to the Harryhausen’s sushi chef from “Monsters, Inc.”
This character also appears on Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure.
At night, the light on top of the post shines directly on the sign.
Do you like this new Easter egg in San Fransokyo Square? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
More About San Fransokyo Square
San Fransokyo Square officially opened in August 2023, with several new food items and a Hiro and Baymax meet and greet. Pacific Wharf was transformed into San Fransokyo Square by turning the bridge into the Torii Gate Bridge, and adding various decorations, murals, and signage throughout the land.
The San Fransokyo Maker’s Market sells “Big Hero 6” merchandise, mostly featuring Baymax.
Speaking of Baymax, Baymax bread is now available from the Boudin Bread Cart and Aunt Cass Café. There’s also a new Baymax sipper.
Tokyo DisneySea’s famous gyoza sausage bun recently arrived at San Fransokyo Square. Read our review.
Read more of our San Fransokyo Square food reviews:
- REVIEW: Trying the Full Menu at Aunt Cass Cafe Featuring Soba Noodle Salad, Sourdough Bread Bowls, Japanese-Style Cheesecake, and More in San Fransokyo Square at Disneyland Resort
- REVIEW: New Street Corn, Melon Cocktail, and More at Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill in San Fransokyo Square
- REVIEW: Lucky Fortune Cookery Serves New Karaage Chicken Sandwich, Yaki Udon Bowls, Baymax Macaron, and More in San Fransokyo Square
- REVIEW: New Slushes and Margaritas from Rita’s Turbine Blenders in San Fransokyo Square
- REVIEW: Pinwheel Chips, Japanese Rice Lager, and Hard Seltzer from Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería at Disney California Adventure