Holiday snacking is in full effect at Universal Studios Hollywood, and this Poinsettia Churro Sandwich just may be one treat you need to add to your must-try list!
Poinsettia Churro Sandwich — $9.99
Churro swirl ice cream sandwich topped with mini chocolate candy and crushed peppermint
We found the treat at Cocina Mexicana located on the Upper Lot of Universal Studios Hollywood. The churro sandwich is part of their limited-time Grinchmas offerings.
All of the elements at play work well together, making the Poinsettia Churro Sandwich a great holiday treat. The churros were crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The vanilla ice cream and strawberry sauce inside were both high quality. The sandwich we received was served fairly warm, which was a nice touch.
The light icing and sprinkles on top gave it a cute bit of holiday flair. The one thing we’d knock it for is that we were left wishing the churros had cinnamon sugar on them. Without the added sugar, they were slightly on the bland side. With that said, we give this dessert a 9/10.
Would you go out of your way to give the Poinsettia Churro Sandwich a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
While you’re here, be sure to check out our other 2023 holiday food reviews from the Universal Studios parks around the world:
- ‘Yule Enjoy’ New Wintry Soups, Spiked Egg Nog, and Seasonal Sandwiches at Battery Park for 2023 Holiday Season at Universal Studios Florida.
- Jacket Sweet Potato with Maple Butter, Candied Pecans, and Dried Cranberries for the Holidays at Universal Studios Florida.
- Celebrate NO LIMIT! Christmas With the Christmas Ring Croissant at Universal Studios Japan.
- Christmas Plate With Roast Chicken, Chipolata Sausages, Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, and More Available at The Three Broomsticks in Universal Studios Japan.
- Red Shell Calzone and Yoshi’s Holiday Hot Apple Tea in Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan for 2023 Holiday Season.
- The Grinch and Friends Character Breakfast Returns for the Holidays at Universal Orlando with Big Changes – Is It Worth It?