“Beauty And The Beast” reigned supreme at the box office this weekend with an estimated $170 million domestically and $180 million internationally resulting in a worldwide gross of $350 million.
“Beauty And The Beast” achieved the following accomplishments:
- The highest March opening weekend record.
- The largest opening for a PG rated film.
- The largest Spring opening weekend.
- The 7th largest opening weekend ever.
- The 4th largest Saturday gross of all time.
- The 6th largest Sunday gross of all time.
- The largest IMAX opening for a PG rated film in both domestic and global markets.
Here are the top ten highest grossing domestic movies for 2017:
Source: Box Office Mojo