BURBANK, Calif. – April 5, 2012 – D23: The Official Disney Fan Club is celebrating the once-in-a-lifetime diamond anniversary of one of the most universally beloved and singularly unique film genres in the world—at DESTINATION D: 75 YEARS OF DISNEY ANIMATED FEATURES, Aug. 11 and 12 at the Disneyland Resort.
The two-day event will offer a panorama of some of the most celebrated films and characters ever brought to life on screen and provide attendees with an unforgettable Disney experience.
From Walt Disney’s groundbreaking Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to the upcoming Wreck-It Ralph, guests will go on a “behind-the-magic” journey filled with classic cinematic moments of heart-tugging emotion, laughter, and song that have captivated generations the world over. Renowned historians, authors, and animators of today will host this trip through the artistry and imagination of Disney animated features, each day ending with an unforgettable nighttime concert featuring two incomparable Disney Legends.
Highlights of DESTINATION D: 75 YEARS OF DISNEY ANIMATED FEATURES will include:
- Salutes to the great Disney animators and artists of the past
- A Saturday-evening concert by the incredible Dick Van Dyke and The Vantastix performing beloved Disney songs and pop standards
- A Sunday-evening concert showcase starring eight-time Oscar®-winning composer/songwriter Alan Menken, who will perform some of his most memorable songs from many modern-day Disney film classics and more
- A glimpse at how Disney animated features have influenced Disney Parks
- Rare and never-before-seen artwork and film footage
- A special salute to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the “fairest of them all”
- An extraordinary reunion of Disney animation voice talent through the years
- More screenings, presentations, and panels, to be announced in the coming weeks
The weekend event will take place in the Grand Ballroom of the newly “re-Imagineered” Disneyland® Hotel in Anaheim, Calif. Tickets, available Wednesday, April 18, are $225 each and available exclusively to D23 Members and their guests. A limited number of “Diamond Level” tickets will be available featuring VIP seating, a third day of experiences on Monday, Aug. 13, at the Walt Disney Animation Studios in Burbank, Calif., special gifts, and more.
More details about the program and tickets for D23’s DESTINATION D: 75 YEARS OF DISNEY ANIMATED FEATURES can be found online at www.disney.com/D23.