Episode 079 Tower of Terror Elevator

Ep. 079 Tower of Terror Elevator

This week we get to reveal 2  wonderful upcoming figures, the line up of the Disney Classic Collection and the revised Comic Con lineup. We have a few questions and comments in the Mystery Mail Bag and we review the upcoming calendar of releases and events.

Listen in Popup Player

Download podcast

Penguin
Penguin

:) Love the Gertie the dinosaur Park Starz idea!

Penguin
Penguin

I believe the short film is public domain.

Annemarie
Annemarie
Reply to  Penguin

I doubt they’d do Gertie, I’m sure they could but that’s not a Disney character.

Reply to  Annemarie

Because the name is “Park” starz I think it would have to be in the parks

Penguin
Penguin
Reply to  Annemarie

Gertie is in Hollywood Studios as a giant Ice cream stand. However Park Starz have so far only been characters that have originated from the parks.

Michael
Michael

as we approach the 100th episode, how about a behind the scenes special.

i.e. lets see blind box studios, introduce us to the female voice behind the opening, lets see the infamous mystery bag (or maybe a contest on we think it would look like, if it did exists)

Reply to  Michael

they could start doing video versions of the show like “inside the magic”

Michael
Michael

“Would you, our listeners, be interested in an enhanced podcast with pictures of the vinyls if we took the time to put it together?”

As it is right now, I have two windows open when I listen to your podcast in pop up. One to listen on and the other to scroll through your site and look at the vinyl’s your talking about. I think it’s a lot easier then you putting in the extra effort to add photos to the podcast.

yes, because every time I

Reply to  disneyman

(Sorry typo) yes because every time i listen to your podcast, im always searching on your website for the things your talking about on the show. If you make the podcast video, i can just sit back and enjoy.

Aaralyn

Great podcast! I personally would LOVE an enhanced podcast with pictures

disneyman

about the classics collection, another chaser could be alice, from the very first alice cartoon!

Michael
Michael

I’m pretty sure we will get another kid and animal from It’s A Small World. If I remember correctly, IASW was gonna be a subset within the Park Starz series.

Concerned Collector
Concerned Collector

What is the future of vinylmations? There are some major issues happening with the hobby we all love that I’m concerned is going to have a negative impact to the hobby. 1-Trash vinylmations being sold on E-bay. How can Disney and E-bay allow stolen trash vinylmations to be sold everyday on the site. These vinyls are being infiltrated into the population of the vinylmation world and it seems no one wants to do anything about it. This will catch up and effect all vinyls out there. 2-Release day of new figures . I was recently at D Street in Orlando… Read more »

Brad B
Brad B

I 100% agree with all of your concerns. These things have taken a lot of the fun out of the hobby.

disneyman

I dont like to think about it a lot, but sometimes I think newer vinyls are becoming “perfect” toys (so tasty, light up) instead of collectables

Reply to  disneyman

for example, a few weeks ago i picked up some urban 3’s from the outlet, and one had 2 left arms. I love it!

Rust

I too think that Park Starz are the best thing to come from vinylmation. Can’t wait for series 2.