Every year since 2008, WDW News Today has hosted a charity drive to raise money for the Toys for Tots Foundation. To date, we have raised over $15,000 for this amazing organization with donations through our website and those made during our annual WDWNT Live! program on Thanksgiving weekend. This year, we will be doing the same with the help of some new sponsors and partners, and we are asking you to be a part of this holiday tradition where we continue Walt Disney’s dream and try to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate.
Over 60 years ago, Walt Disney became one of the original sponsors of the Toys for Tots foundation, which ensures that every underprivileged child receives a toy during the holiday season. Walt and his animators personally designed the original Toys for Tots train logo that is still used today and the first poster created for Toys for Tots.
In this spirit, WDW News Today and our many friends and partners are putting on a 25-hour live broadcast this year to raise money for Toys for Tots. We hope you will join us beginning at 11PM ET on November 28, 2014 when the broadcast begins and will help us by making a donation to this great cause at toys.WDWNT.com.
We are proud to announce Theme Park Connection as the official sponsor of this year’s show and charity drive. As part of their sponsorship, they are accepting cash & sealed, brand-new toy donations in-person at their store and providing prizes for all of the many games that will be played during the course of the live program.
New for 2014, a large portion of our 25-hour broadcast will be conducted live from their store on Saturday, November 29th, from 9:00AM until 4:00PM EST during their HUGE Winter Extravaganza event, a day of special sales, celebrity & artist signings, free food & drinks, hourly raffles, and a special auction with proceeds benefiting our Toys for Tots fundraiser. You are invited to watch us broadcast live or even be a part of the show in-person during this period. Theme Park Connection can be visited online at ThemeParkConnection.com or at their physical store location at 2160 Premier Row in Orlando, Florida, near the Florida Mall.
UPDATE: Disney Legend Bill “Sully” Sullivan will be appearing at the event in-person and will sit down with us for an interview during the broadcast.
During the course of the show, we will be presenting many of the shows, segments, and games for which we are known:
- The only late night Disney talk show, “See Ya’ Real Late” with Tom Corless, will return for one special episode on Saturday, November 29th at 11pm EST to conclude the program
- Game shows to be played during the event include WDWNT: The Match Game, WDWNT: The Pyramid, and WDWNT: The Price is Right, some of those being played live at Theme Park Connection on the 29th
- The WDW News Today Podcast will kick-off a new segment counting down the most important moments in the history of Disneyland, counting down to the 60th anniversary of the park in July 2015. The segment will take place at 11:30PM EST on Friday November 29th.
- WDWNTunes’ Around the Hub (the show of competitive Disney banter) will also be part of the show, taking place Saturday November 29th at 4:30 PM EST
- WDWNT: The Holiday Price is Right will be broadcast on WDW News Today: The Radio Show, on Saturday November 30th from 8-10PM. WDWNT: The Radio Show is a live, weekly radio program on AM 1520 WBZW in Orlando the began airing in August 2013. The show can be listened to online at 1520WBZW.com
- The first-ever edition of Marvel & Star Wars Talk with Joe on Saturday, November 29th at 6:00PM
- Trip planning with Authorized Disney Travel Agents from Magical Travel from 10:00-11:00PM on Saturday, November 29th
This entire broadcast will be streamed live on WDWNT.com, accessed by going to the WDWNTunes tab and clicking listen. You can also go directly to WDWNT.com/listen. As well, WDWNTunes streams through several mobile applications available at WDWNT.com/apps.
We hope you will join is for this fun show starting on November 28th at 11PM EST and will donate what you can to Toys for Tots through our FirstGiving Fundraiser Page or in-person at the Theme Park Connection store.
I don’t know about you, but there are times when planning a Disney vacation can be overwhelming! There are so many options, where to stay, when to go, is this the best price. So, I want to introduce you all to Cindy Minor and the team at Small World Big Fun. They will help you plan your Disney vacation for FREE. Contact them today!