Starting July 1-2, guests can purchase portable charging batteries at FuelRod kiosks that will be added to Walt Disney World theme parks, Disney Springs, and the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
FuelRod kiosks dispense portable charging batteries for $30.00 each, which includes:
- A portable charging battery
- 6″ USB Type A to micro-USB cable (for most Android devices)
- One Apple 30-pin to USB cable
- One Apple Lightning to USB cable
The purchase is not a rental, the charging device will belong to guest after purchase.
The kiosk will be located in the following locations:
- Magic Kingdom
- Tomorrowland Light and Power Co.
- Big Top Souvenirs
- Pecos Bill’s
- Curtain Call Collectibles
- Disney Traders
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Island Mercantile
- Disney Springs
- Marketplace Disney Photo Imaging
- ESPN Wide World of Sports
- ESPN Clubhouse Shop
The novel thing about the concept is that depleted batteries can be simply swapped out for fully charged ones at any of these kiosks. Depleted batteries can be swapped out for no added charge after purchase by guests, meaning they may never have to actually charge one themselves. Guests may also choose to charge the battery on their own with the included cable, of course.