For those of you that held out and were waiting for the 3D version of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” to be released, well, you’re in luck. “The Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3D Collectors Edition” will be released on November 15th in the US and October 31st overseas. This will be a “4 Disc” collection.
Entertainment Weekly has released some of the information for this special Collector’s Edition and it will actually have director’s commentary by J.J. Abrams. Also, along with the original special features found on the original version, there will be even more special features including additional deleted scenes.
Here’s what else will be in the new collection:
- A look at how sound technicians blend action with audio effects in the featurette Foley: A Sonic Tale.
- Sounds of the Resistance, another audio themed doc showing how the sound designers blended real recordings into otherworldly effects in the film.
- Deleted Scenes – While there were a handful of deleted footage on the original Blu-ray, this one promises even more “never-before-shared” scenes.
- Dressing the Galaxy – A look at how wardrobe designs from the original trilogy were retooled by costume designer Michael Kaplan to fit the galaxy three decades later.
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega share a conversation in The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper, a featurette that was released only on the previous disc as an exclusive at Target stores.
- Inside the Armory – A tour of the various weapons and battle gear in the battle between the Resistance and The First Order.
Source: Entertainment Weekly