Disneyland Opens 21 Royal, Exclusive $15,000 Dining Venue in Walt’s Apartment

Disneyland is unveiling a new fine-dining experience, available to just a single party of 12 per night. Called 21 Royal, guests can book the experience for $15,000 (including tax, gratuity, valet, and park admission) as of today.

The 21 Royal event begins with specially trained guides greeting your party at the Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and leading guests to the new, most exclusive address inside the park: 21 Royal Street, which is part of what was originally envisioned to be Walt Disney’s apartment above New Orleans Square.

A cocktail hour gives you and your guests time to explore 21 Royal and be regaled by your guides and sommelier Matt Ellingson with the lore and history of the space. The personal connection to “the man behind the mouse” infuses the suite with a lovely intimacy, and the colored lanterns and firefly lights of the courtyard at the heart of the floor plan cast a gentle glow over close conversations.

Storytelling remains the theme in the just-completed dining room, where executive chef Andrew Sutton and chef de cuisine Justin Monson present what they call “epicurean theater”: fine cuisine with an exciting dash of showmanship. Sutton, the culinary director for signature restaurants at the Disneyland Resort, aims at 21 Royal to give the kind of dinner party Walt and Lillian would—but in the present day, and with a culinary style that ranges wide while staying rooted in California.

The seven-course menu is fully tailored for every group, whether your wish is for the chefs to delight you with untrammeled inventiveness or to design an entire meal from the starting point of sourcing a fondly remembered wine from a special occasion in your past. No matter what shape your menu takes, the chefs and Ellingson introduce each course and pairing with stories about their inspiration that draw you into their lives and help build the experience of communal connection that defines the most memorable shared meals.

As the evening draws to a close, you adjourn with coffee and desserts in the dining room or on the spacious private balcony for a view of the charm and lights of the park at night; if the skies are clear, you might enjoy the fireworks spectacular from your perch.

And when it’s inevitably time to part, the fabled sweet sorrow is tempered by the warmth of an evening spent in an incomparable setting enjoying peerless service and food in lively company—true magic.

More information can be found online at 21royaldisneyland.com.

SOURCE: Robb Report

TypicalWDWNTCommenter
TypicalWDWNTCommenter

How dare Disney add a completely optional and absurd experience such as this! It is an outrage! To think, they could have leased this space out to Wendy’s, and then everyone could enjoy it!! Walt must be rollin’ in his grave at the money grabbing that Disney is doing these days! Disney parks are lousy, and if you disagree with me, you are not a real Disney fan!!!

Typical Reply
Typical Reply

Good, One less person in the parks for me!!!! I’m glad you feel that way. I like to be fucked in the ass by Disney, don’t care everything is closing, don’t care it’s dirty and a rip off. I also have no thoughts of my own!!!!

T
T

LOVE this. LOL!!!

Bruce Frausto
Bruce Frausto

Rolling in his Grave? Disneyland was a money grab idea from Walt. Besides it seems very inexpensive to do something that most of the world will not do.

Steve
Steve

A dinner party like Walt would have…. two different kinds of canned chili! That’ll be $15,000 please!!!

Bob
Bob

How many table credits will this cost on the DDP?

Reply to  Bob

Seven?

Scott Dolan
Scott Dolan
Reply to  Echo

Yeah, seven.

Frank
Frank

So the $250 personal shopper is absurd but the $1,250 a person dinner is an exclusive dining experience. So basically if it’s something Tom wants to do, it makes perfect sense but if it’s something he has no interest in, it’s absurd.

Reply to  Frank

One item is exclusive, and related to the parks.
The other is something that I could get in any major city. — And have a better selection of stores to use my personal shopper at.

Reply to  Echo

They’re publicly traded. That sort of has some implications a little bit.

Namely, they have to make money.

Star Wars, Avatar, New Fantasyland, new Soarin’ etc., are all definitely improving the parks.

Find a new place to vacation if you disagree with Disney’s capital expenditures. I hear Sea World is looking for fan boys.

Randy
Randy
Reply to  Tom Corless

Don’t let them pressure you Tom. You do a good job of being impartial. There’s a lot of people here who are blind and think that Disney can do no wrong. There are others who hate everything, and then most, who know Disney PARKS have gone very cheap and towards money grabs, but still respect the Disney brand and hope they will soon bring more than they take away, or at least gain a tiny bit of respect for their customers.

Pol
Pol
Reply to  Tom Corless

As long as you show us the facts I don’t see any problem with you using adjectives ;)

Earl
Earl
Reply to  Frank

Frank, your reply is rude, and absurd. Don’t like it? Don’t read it.

Frank
Frank
Reply to  Earl

Dearest Earl. May I kindly invite you to fuck off? That would be greatly appreciated. Love!

Earl
Earl
Reply to  Frank

No thanks. I’m not the one here whining like a baby. U sound like a jerk.

Frank
Frank
Reply to  Earl

So you think I’m whining like a baby and I sound like a jerk? So you’re saying babies are jerks? That’s very rude to say Earl, they’re just trying to learn about this new world around them. Maybe you need to take a good long look in the mirror before you go judging others when maybe it’s yourself that you should be judging.

Bruce Frausto
Bruce Frausto
Reply to  Earl

How could you not know if you don’t like it without reading it first?

Jmac
Jmac

I’m a DVC member and love Disney but I won’t eat there due to price. That said I won’t complain about the people that can afford to. Some people work hard and make more money, quit bitching about those people and grow up. It’s called capitalism, don’t like Disney move to another country and Stand in line for soup for fun

Steve
Steve
Reply to  Jmac

What kind of soup?

Reply to  Jmac

I love you.

So, no more Dream Suite?

PP
PP
Reply to  Echo

This is the private dining room of the Dream Suite accessed across the inner outdoor patio on the 2nd level. Just renting it out as a private dining experience for more dollars as the Suite isn’t occupied very often. Public access is from the Royal Courtyard. The stairway up is blocked off when not in use. Uses the same kitchen as Club 33. Has a private balcony outside the two sets of French doors and an additional hallway and sitting room when you enter. It’s ok in person. The interior decor is very much like Donald Trump’s NYC penthouse !

Julius Saunders
Julius Saunders

Raised prices 2 times already , fired and moved jobs away. And now pricing out the average family . Cooperations at tuts finest .it will continue.
Not walts vision at all.

C. Bing
C. Bing

Are you related to Flip?

Cheryl
Cheryl

I don’t care about price in erases. Double admission, I don’t care. It’s their cheapness and cutting things that we don’t like. The quality is disappearing much faster than their prices are going up.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

Money, money money money
Money!!!!!

Old Walt would’ve been thrilled with this decision. They read his mind on what to do with his apartment.

Disney looks like a company that has just been purchased by the Beverly Hillbillies

The Management Team
The Management Team
Reply to  Disney Pete

Thanks Peter for your wonderful comment. We would like to send an invitation to you to join our management team as your knowledge would be very useless to us.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

You’re quite welcome, Disney PR. It’s obvious my advice would be useless to you, seeing how much you’re missing the point of managing the parks

trackback
Disneyland’s Insane New Secret Restaurant Will Cost You $15,000 | Yummy Everyday

[…] Parks fan site WDW News Today is reporting that the ultra luxe 21 Royal is accepting reservations as of yesterday, with the premier experience costing a whopping $15,000. Don’t worry, that does include park […]

DJ
DJ

Not sure why everyone is so upset over this. I have taken the wife to Vic and Al’s a few times, and each time, we ended up spending $500+, and that is just for 2 people. It seems to me that $125 per person for a premium dining experience is actually a bargain in comparison to some other restaurants. We even ran up a $300 bill at Napa Rose (which is excellent if you haven’t tried it).

Anonomouse
Anonomouse
Reply to  DJ

You might want to check your math. It’s $15,000 for up to 12. That’s $1,250 a person. Or if it’s just you and your wife, that’ll be $7,500 a person. That would be equal to 30 trips to Victoria and Alberts.

DJ
DJ
Reply to  Anonomouse

Ah, I knew it sounded like it wasn’t a big deal, but I guess that is kind of pricey :) My bad! For some reason, I read $1500, not $15,000.

Anonomouse
Anonomouse
Reply to  DJ

Yeah that’s just your brain thinking with actual logic. You have to use Disney management logic and that extra 0 magically appears.

Reply to  Anonomouse

Notwithstanding the extra zero, I could see my wife and I doing this once if we could find 10 friends to go with!

Enuff
Enuff

“We can charge anything we want. $2,000 a day, $10,000 a day, and people will pay it. And there’s the merchandise.” – applicable quote from Jurassic Park

HippyDisneyGuy
HippyDisneyGuy
Reply to  Enuff

“…and if The Pirates of The Caribbean brake down, the pirates don’t eat the tourist’s.” Some awesome lines from that movie!

Some people get whipped out of shape about these things, but they shouldn’t……the books “Brandwashed & The 1% windfall” do a great job of braking down what major companies like Disney are doing. Personally I like lots of options (extremely high to low). I just sort through what works for my family and then enjoy that. I let my conscience be my guide:)

HippyDisneyGuy
HippyDisneyGuy
Reply to  HippyDisneyGuy

Almost forgot….”Does that include tip?” lololol

Danielle Cutler
Danielle Cutler

Thank you for picking up Robb Report’s exclusive story by Jeff Anderson!
Original link here: http://robbreport.com/fine-dining/robb-report-exclusive-new-private-dining-experience-secret-disney-location

Brianna Farber
Brianna Farber

For that price I would expect at LEAST a FULL set of silverware…….lol

Rick
Rick
Reply to  Brianna Farber

That’s the sales photo. I wouldn’t count on it. Even at Disney’s signature restaurants in the last couple years, they’re run more akin to a lower quality but higher pace Applebees.

trackback