PHOTO: Disney World Replacing "Stealable" Toiletries with Pump Dispensers in Guest Hotel Rooms

PHOTO: Disney World Replacing “Stealable” Toiletries with Pump Dispensers in Guest Hotel Rooms

Rather than distribute endless numbers of bottles and soaps to every guest room at Walt Disney World (that guests would then be able to take home with them), Disney is moving towards refillable dispensers inside of the showers found in guest rooms.

The following picture was shared on the Coronado Springs Buzz Facebook page:

The picture above is from Port Orleans Riverside, featuring a locked shelf holding pump dispensers for conditioner, shampoo, and body wash.

it is unknown if this will be rolled out beyond Value and Moderate class rooms, but I imagine guests at a Deluxe Resort may be a little annoyed to find such a contraption in their rooms for the amount they are paying.

DisneyClepto
DisneyClepto

No! I need those toiletries for my unnecessarily large inventory! I cannot live without Disney branded shampoo!!!

DisneyLover84
DisneyLover84
Reply to  DisneyClepto

You can buy it on the website. Seeing people with 50+ bottles of these products is ridiculous! If you can pay fir a room on Disney property you can afford to pay for shampoo, conditioner or body wash! Ridiculous!!Smh

DebbieT
DebbieT
Reply to  DisneyLover84

I agree DisneyLover84!!! Snagging numerous bottles each trip is wasteful and unnecessary! This is so much more environmentally friendly. I’m a DVC member since 1993 and love this idea!

m.lewis
m.lewis
1 year ago
Reply to  DebbieT

I have collected them each trip and donated them to local children’s hospitals. It brings the kids such joy. I certainly don’t consider it a waste!

Ben
Ben

They have tried this in the past at moderate and value resorts. Port Orleans used a similar setup in 1998.

natty
natty

hmmm…i have opinions about this.

Tammie
Tammie

This will be gone in less then a year when people start bringing their own bottles and pumping every last drop of it out into their own bottles so they can take it home. I says this because I’ve seen what people at DVC events do with the free stuff. They don’t take a cookie for each person to enjoy, they bring bags and load them up with handfuls of cookies to take home. They feel they’ve paid for it, so they deserve it. Same will happen with the shower soaps. Also, why it’s locked, it’s not tamper proof.

Carol
Carol
Reply to  Tammie

Are you kidding me Tammie, how dare you make a statement like that. We don’t get the daily room refills like regular rooms. I have seen many pictures of how much soap is taken you full price people are raking because you feel you paid for it. It’s not a DVC thing. My kids have been trampled by adults to get to free handouts and it wasn’t at a DVC event so I would keep quiet.

Emma.
Emma.
Reply to  Carol

You seem overly offended? Tammie is just pointing out guests can be ridiculous over free items, and they can, I have witnessed it too many a time. Tammie isn’t accusing you personally of doing that so don’t get so uppity.

ShampooBandit
Reply to  Emma.

Perhaps Carol doth protest too much?

Seveneves
Seveneves
Reply to  Tammie

“they bring bags and load them up with handfuls of cookies to take home. They feel they’ve paid for it, so they deserve it.”

That’s disgusting.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Seveneves

It is. Is a gut wrenching affair to watch

Marcia
Marcia
Reply to  Tammie

Are you kidding me Tammie. you do realize these were not put in DVC rooms. If it was DVC guests “stealing soap” and gorging themselves on cookies they stop the DVC special events with the “free snacks” and these would be in DVC resorts instead of moderate resorts. How dare you point a finger at a specific group of people when you have no idea. DVC doesn’t get daily mousekeeping so the soap bottles are not replenished daily. So a five day stay for me I would get two of everything and 8 day stay I would get three. On… Read more »

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Marcia

They used to leave a lot more shampoo, conditioner bottles & soaps in DVC rooms. About 3x to 4x more than today. Guess why they reduced the amount of such toiletries left to DVC members?

DebbieT
DebbieT
Reply to  Disney Pete

I’ve been a DVC member since 1993 and don’t ever remember getting tons of toiletries even back then. Once in a while we might get 2 shampoos & conditioners in a bathroom but I think it was because the mousekeeper that day was in a good mood. It definitely wasn’t the norm. In a 2BR there has always been one set in the second bathroom and 2 sets in the master bath, one near the shower & one near the large tub. Keep in mind a 2BR sleeps 8 – 9 depending upon what resort so that isn’t excessive. I… Read more »

NYCMommy
NYCMommy
Reply to  Marcia

You are mistaken. These are in Saratoga Springs, a DVC resort.

DebbieT
DebbieT
Reply to  Tammie

People staying in a 2BR unit that sleeps 8 or 9 (depending upon resort) get 3 sets of shampoo,conditioner and lotion every 4 days when houskeeping comes in. One set goes in 2nd bathroom, one set goes in master shower & 3rd goes near master tub. 3 bottles of shampoo for 8 or 9 people needs to last until the next housekeeping on the 4th day of your stay so I’m not sure there is even an opportunity to accumulate tons of toiletries from a DVC room. I’ve seen pictures people post that didn’t stay at DVC bragging about the… Read more »

Bob
Bob

Great, now all guests can share the same bottle of lube in the shower.

SuperBud
SuperBud
1 year ago
Reply to  Bob

That’s both disgusting and hilarious! And sadly, very true

Nsighter1
Nsighter1

That’s alright, I’ll just go to one of the numerous other hotels off property, get a better room at a cheaper rate, and steal good, name brand shampoo from the bathroom, not the overpriced repackaged walmart junk Disney stocks.

JB
JB
Reply to  Nsighter1

Okay.

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Nsighter1

And you’ll be stuck off property…..having a “half Disney” vacation.

K
K
Reply to  Nsighter1

The rage is real! Go to Universal and I will enjoy the room that you can’t afford!!

Tana
Tana
Reply to  Nsighter1

H2O+ isn’t cheap or repackaged Walmart junk.

Nana Lou
Nana Lou
Reply to  Nsighter1

H2o shampoos & conditioners are not cheap Walmart junk. They cost $20-$25 a bottle.

Thom
Thom

This was in an ada room at Port Orleans and others have posted that they are still getting bottles at the resort.

Sharon Burns
Sharon Burns

For the price you pay to stay on site this is rather mean ☹️

Jnoel
Jnoel

This is super prevalent in Europe. I used to not like it but now find it super convenient.

Kate Joseph
Kate Joseph

I don’t like this. They had these in a hotel I stayed in in Ottawa and I was immediately nervous. As a paranoid person, all I can think about is the previous guest urinating in or pouring bleach in or otherwise tampering with these bottles. Very unlikely and would take a special kind of evil person, but it only takes one incident to hit Disney with a lawsuit and have a PR disaster. If they roll these out, I’m bringing my own toiletries.

Jon
Jon
Reply to  Kate Joseph

How do you know they didn’t pour something nasty in the tiny bottle, not use it and then its been left in the room as it was unused? There is even less tamper-proof seals on the minitures.

Lovi
Lovi

I don’t like this idea at all, it seems really unsanitary. I’m staying on property this year but if Disney keeps doing stuff like this I will stay elsewhere next time.

Randy Newman
Randy Newman
Reply to  Lovi

Ok. I guess you never handle money? Better never use it again, disgusting!

Kat
Kat

I like bringing my own toiletries to Disney. I’m partial to my own brands I like.

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover

What exactly was the problem with people taking home the toiletries? Am I supposed to leave a half full bottle of shampoo for the next guest staying in the room after me? Another outrageous example of Disney’s departure from a middle class friendly environment to a haven for the greedy and sleazy 1%’s!!

Glenda
Glenda

They refill those little bottles and keep doing so as long as the bottle isn’t damaged. So, they prefer that guests not take the partial bottles. Nearly all hotels do this.

Fred
Fred

It’s not people who take the half empty bottle at the end of their stay which the resort would have to throw away anyway… it’s the people who pack away the bottle of soap and conditioner and shampoo every day and go home with 20 little bottles in their suitcase. Plenty of people do it.

sue
sue
Reply to  Fred

If folks choose to take the toiletries home in their room that is left each day what is wrong with that. They are paying for those amentities. I bring them home as I use them at my house and set them out during holidays when guests are here. It would be different if folks were stealing them off of the Mouse keeping carts. If I want to take a pack of coffe that I chose not to use today, I will do just that!

DebbieT
DebbieT

Actually, you COULD leave the half used bottle of whatever. Disney participates in a recycle program that sanitizes & gives left over toiletries to the needy. https://cleantheworld.org/

Jeann
Jeann

Ewww will not be sharing toiletries with other guests

Jon
Jon
Reply to  Jeann

What about the restroom soap dispenser, will you share that?

Sullys Momo
Sullys Momo

OK, so it saves Disney money; they are a business, after all. How about we all take the higher road and view this as it being easier on the planet – fewer tiny plastic bottles in the landfill. (And, yes, folks can bring and fill their own bottles.)

elenajane
elenajane

Are we sure this is actually a picture from inside the showers at Riverside? Looks like a shower in a workout room or something….

Jonathan
Jonathan

I hope I’m correct, but I feel this wouldn’t happen in a Deluxe resort …

Kathleen Thompson
Kathleen Thompson

I don’t like the community shared toiletries in the guest rooms. It is one thing to use the shared hand soap in a public restroom but in your private hotel room, no.

I also agree guests will pump out the contents into empty containers and take it home.

Ferg
Ferg

Just seems like another dumb idea from Disney. Let’s see how many maintenance calls they get because the pumps don’t work. The little bottles probably cost them $.30 and most of the time mousekeeping would replace them daily?

Marie
Marie

Steal??? the small soaps and toiletries they left are complimentary, meaning gifts!!! they are suppose to be single use, and they are suppose to leave one each night… that idea is unhygienic… Every hotel leave those….

Beverly
Beverly
Reply to  Marie

I agree. I also think you should get clean sheets each night. You Pay For It.