BREAKING: Stitch’s Great Escape at Magic Kingdom is Now “Alien Encounter” Character Greeting

Apprently Stitch’s Great Escape at the Magic Kingdom is no more, replaced with the yet-to-open Stitch’s Alien Encounter Character Greeting in Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom.

No further details are available as of yet, but it seems likely that guests will be able to meet Stitch here starting soon (purely speculation on our part).

Stitch’s Great Escape went into seasonal operation last year, last open a few weeks ago for the busy summer season.

Photo courtesy of @1Ben_Laurence on twitter.

0 0 votes
S.I.R.
S.I.R.

Bon Voyage!

K
K

Not a big loss, long overdue. Let’s hope that they already have an idea about what they are going to replace it with.

Disney Pete
Disney Pete

This was my favorite ride. Now it’s gone, like my wife. :(

Frank
Frank
Reply to  Disney Pete

Ha ha! Pete is getting wrecked these days!!

Disney Pete
Disney Pete
Reply to  Frank

I voted for Trump.

J
J
Reply to  Frank

No one gets wrecked but me.

Kristine Coruth
Kristine Coruth

I hope that the wreck it relph VR racing attraction will open in 2021

Sonya
Sonya

I talked to a CM two days ago who works there. She said it’s opening Sunday or Monday this week.

Gantu
Gantu

Oh no! I was very fond of that ride! Oh well at least I have a chance to be a part of the character greeting!

Chad
Chad
Reply to  Gantu

It’s alresdy closed. My wife and I were atcthe park tonight. It was the first ride she ever did at Disney, which was during our honeymoon. The ride will always have a special place in our heart.

Suksay Hirochono
Suksay Hirochono
Reply to  Gantu

…said no one ever.

Heather
Heather

The ride wasn’t that great, but I kinda regret not going on it now when I went at the end of summer last year. Like Maelstrom before it, I didn’t love the ride, but it would’ve been nice to have that one last ride through to say goodbye.

Portlandsnorkel
Portlandsnorkel
Reply to  Heather

Stich’s great escape was the real power plant for Monstropolous, I guess they terrorized enough kids to run their IP powered city for decades. Bugs Life is still running strong making people cringe daily and continues the historic Disney tradition of being hit with a vulgor bodily function started by Figment’s jackpot fart of your imagination. Hopefully they will roll the castle in toilet paper again to send Sitch out the same grand way it opened. RIP

Edward
Edward

Disney literallly has no idea what it’s doing with its theme parks. The only vision is charging more to over-eager mega-fans for a stripped-down experience. After 20 years of going at least once a year, I haven’t been back to WDW since 2012 and can’t say I regret that choice. To quote the current resident of the White House: “What a disaster.”

Ahnsael
Ahnsael

Well, it’s no great loss as an attraction (unlike both of its predecessors in the same location, Mission to Mars and the ExtraTERRORrestrial Alien Encounter), but…to replace ANY actual attraction with a meet & greet is definitely a minus.

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Ahnsael

I could not agree more! To replace actual attractions with more character experiences is lazy. UNLESS, they have a real plan for that space and the meet and greet is just a placeholder until then.

Matt
Matt
Reply to  Mike H

That’s what I am thinking.
They put the meet and greet there just for now while they work on the inside.
It’s Better that just having walls up

Wcjeep
Wcjeep

Definitely not a favorite ride. Past due for replacement.

J
J

I’m gonna stage a cry protest because they took away my happy place. My mommy is not here and I feel alone

RoboChapek
RoboChapek

You’re welcome

Maui
Maui
Reply to  RoboChapek

Excuse me, that’s my line in case you didn’t know you’re welcome!

trackback

[…] Great Escape in het Magic Kingdom bestaat niet meer! Er komt een character meet & greet voor in de […]

ATL
ATL

I was inside the ride cue area for MNSSHP (candy collection area) this week and it looked completely unchanged except for the sign out front. Not sure if the actual ride is still there as the doors were closed. I wish they would do something worthwhile with this space.

trackback

[…] sure enough the first turn right above Stitch’s Great Escape (UPDATE) my whole body flies to the left side of the seat and as I lose my balance my feet fly off the […]