Cruising during hurricane season is always risky, but the cruise lines always do their best to take care of their guests should a hurricane affect your voyage. Disney Cruise Line has announced a number of changes to current and upcoming itineraries for its Port Canaveral-based ships.
- Monday, September 4 departure (4-night voyage) – Shortened to 3 nights, returned Thursday, September 7.
- Friday, September 8 departure (3-night voyage) – Cancelled
- Monday, September 11 departure (4-night voyage) – Cancelled
- Saturday, September 2 departure (7-night voyage) – Shortened to 5 nights, returned Thursday, September 7.
- Saturday, September 9 (7-night voyage) – Cancelled
The next scheduled departure for the Disney Dream is Friday, September 15, and for the Disney Fantasy is Saturday, September 16. Updates for these future itineraries will be posted on Tuesday, September 12. It is quite possible that Hurricane Jose may affect these itineraries.
Disney Cruise Line guests booked on cancelled itineraries will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment. Guests traveling on the shortened itineraries will be refunded a pro-rated amount of their fare (two-sevenths, or 28.6%, for those on the Fantasy, and one-fourth, or 25%, for those on the Dream). For guests in either situation, DCL is providing a 25% discount on a future cruise, but you must call between September 18, 2017 and October 18, 2017 to take advantage of this discount.
Stay tuned to WDWNT for updates!