For whatever reason, it appears that the Jingle Cruise, the holiday overlay of the Jungle Cruise attraction at Disneyland Park and the Magic Kingdom, will not return in 2017.

Introduced in 2013, the Jingle Cruise would run from November to January at both parks. The Disneyland and Walt Disney World versions were similar concepts, but were actually quite different visually.

Disney has yet to confirm the end of the seasonal attraction, but it is not in any marketing materials for this holiday season on either coast.

LeFou
LeFou

Aww man! :( I loved singing along with Gaston on the Jingle Cruise!!

Grant

Good. Hopefully they’ll rethink it and bring it back in a way that’s actually thought out. It had a good storyline, but was poorly executed. It just looked like they dumped decorations on all the animals without any thought. Retool it with well thought out decorations and I’ll be down with it. And I’m a former Skipper with 2 years in the jungle in case anyone is doubting my credentials. :)

Disney momma
Disney momma
Reply to  Grant

It would be sad to not have the Jingle Cruise this year. It is really pretty at night time with the Christmas lights on it. And I just got back from Disney and there is a female guide that is the best and funniest yet!!

J
J
Reply to  Grant

Actually nobody cares about your credentials.

J
J
Reply to  J

Just like nobody cares about my comments

Buzz
Buzz
Reply to  J

You’ve got a friend in me!!

F
F
Reply to  J

Actually, that’s Skipper Grant from Attractions Checklist!

Billy
Billy

Terrible news! Boo to you, Disney.

Melissa
Melissa

Man. This is my first Christmas trip in 15 years. I really wanted to see it!

Anthony
Anthony

I love the Jungle Cruise and was excited when the overlay to Jingle Cruise was first announced. However, each time I experienced Jingle Cruise, I was incredibly disappointed. It seemed simply that holiday decor was hastily placed around the attraction and the script only slightly peppered with seasonal additions. While I’ve never experienced the holiday overlays at Disneyland’s ‘it’s a small world’ or the Haunted Mansion, I’ve heard these are amazing. Unfortunately, Jingle Cruise, pardon the pun, missed the boat.

Don Hays
Don Hays

Being different from the rest of the year that’s what I like about the 10-minute ride

Horatio Sanborne
Horatio Sanborne

It’s not listed on the Holiday’s at Disneyland website, nor is there any closure of Jungle Cruise on the refurbishment schedule and it needs at least 2 weeks for it to be installed, so that’s a pretty hard no to it returning. My guess was that Pirates is going to close in January to be refurbished and they don’t want Mansion and alternatively small world, Pirates, and Jungle Cruise all closed at the same time. That’s a complete guess though.

trackback

[…] RUMOR: The Jingle Cruise Holiday Overlay Will Not Return to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland […]