BREAKING: Another Splash Mountain Refurbishment Set for 2018 at the Magic Kingdom

Despite currently being closed through November 16th, 2017, Splash Mountain at the Magic Kingdom will be closing again for refurbishment in early 2018.

The second refurbishment will take place January 8th through February 1st, 2018. The reasoning for this second closure is unknown, but may be related to some leftover work that can’t be completed during this ongoing refurbishment. The Magic Kingdom would want the attraction open again for the busy holiday season, thus why it will still reopening in November but going down once more in January.

This information was distributed today to Disney travel agents.

Nick LoCiccero
Nick LoCiccero

If they drain all the water, maybe I can “look for my glasses”

The LoCicero Creeper
The LoCicero Creeper
Reply to  Nick LoCiccero

Oh darn!! I spelled my last name wrong!! I really need to fix my broken glasses so I can see what I’m typing!!

The LoCicero Stalker
The LoCicero Stalker
Reply to  Nick LoCiccero

I have them and you cant have them back they fit perfectly on my side bed table next to the picture i kiss every night

Ursula
Ursula

This ride was a great way for me to keep my tentacles from sticking to the pathways!

Uncle Remus
Uncle Remus

Dey removed every reference to me, only thing left for em is to topple the Brer Bear statue and theme the ride to Zootopia

Tom miller
Reply to  Uncle Remus

Don’t even go there. Attitudes toward Song of the South are ridiculous.

MARCEL SALES MIEIRO
MARCEL SALES MIEIRO

Splash Moutain is awesome.

Audra
Audra

Ok thanks for doing that article we were going there that time and wanted to go on it so we’ll work around it. Thanks again.

Joanne Alley
Joanne Alley

I called Disney yesterday, 11/1/17, and asked about this because our family will be at WDW during mid January. Disney said emphatically that Splash Mountain will NOT be closed during January 2018. She said rumors like this occur all the time.

HLLB
HLLB
Reply to  Tom Corless

But it’s not listed on the cast member’s work schedules yet so yes, it’s still just a rumor.

Joanne Alley
Joanne Alley
Reply to  Tom Corless

Well, I don’t know if the “Disney travel agent” is directly employed by the Walt Disney Company but the woman I spoke to was definitely a Disney employee and that’s what she told me. In fact, she abruptly stopped me halfway through my sentence and said, “Ma’am, I’m telling you Splash Mountain will not be closed during January!” I am choosing to believe her because I want to ride Splash Mountain when I’m there is January but we are going to be profoundly sad if it’s closed. What prompted me to call Disney directly is because I have read of… Read more »

anotherconfirmedstory
anotherconfirmedstory
Reply to  Joanne Alley

Another site that I won’t name confirmed this as well.

HLLB
HLLB

It’s “official” now. Fast passes for January 8th through February 1st are not available. Those that already had fast passes have had them changed to another ride. It is definitely going to be closed.