PHOTO: First Disney Skyliner Pylon Nearing Completion at Disney’s Pop Century Resort

The first Disney Skyliner pylon installed (which we showed you first a few days ago) is nearing completion:

The above photo was taken today by @boatingBonnieC on twitter. As you can see, the rollers on which the gondola lines will eventually sit have been installed, as well as the maintenance catwalks alongside them.

You can learn more about the Disney Skyliner system here, and be sure to check out the new concept art for the Epcot, Pop Century/Art of Animation, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios stations.

Jim Hill
Jim Hill

Can’t wait to take this to Cinemag…..what’s that? Oh I mean Hollywood Studios!

Chuck
Chuck

Am I the only one who thinks this project is going to end in disaster? Someone is going to do something stupid and die, or it will break down and people will cook in the Florida sun. Just saying, I see problems brewing.

Armchair Imagineer.
Armchair Imagineer.
Reply to  Chuck

Well a lack of knowledge of information about something doesn’t usually mean you have any intuition on it or what the future holds. But feel free to speculate wildly.

Chuck
Chuck

I’d like to think of it as somewhat informed speculation. I have been following all of the permitting, and progress since the project became public, and I was there last week at three of the stations looking at the construction. I have first-hand knowledge of the path it’s taking in the real world…not promotional posters and flyers. I deal with public safety everyday in my real life, and what I saw in person made me a little nervous. The system traverses large bodies of water, major highways, and remote/ hard to access areas. It boils down to a rescue department’s… Read more »

Jason Diffendal
Admin
Reply to  Chuck

Somehow I think that if they can do it across a 1.88 mile span at 1400 feet in the air, in the winter in Canada, and not have people freeze to death, they I think they can pull it off at Disney at 150 ft in the air. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_2_Peak_Gondola What you may not realize is that it’s basically impossible for this thing to get stuck and people stranded in mid-air. The gondolas are on a wire and if the motor breaks down there is a backup to run the system to get the cars to a station. Honestly it’s a… Read more »

Speculation Time
Speculation Time

That is what we all do as Disney park fans. Speculate, eat, sleep.