CONFIRMED: Disney Announces Paid Overnight Parking at Resort Hotels, Prices Revealed

As we told you this morning, Disney will now be charging resort guests for overnight vehicle parking at their resort hotels. Moments ago, Disney finally made it official to authorized travel agents.

Effective for reservations made March 21st, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to guests staying at resort hotels for a fee that will be applied to their hotel bill upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Standard overnight parking charges vary per resort category:

• Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 a night

Complimentary standard parking is available to guests staying at the campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort. Each campsite includes a parking space for one motorized vehicle.

Valet parking at Deluxe Resorts has raised their prices $33 per night (sales tax included).

Resort guests with disabilities and Disney Vacation Club members staying on points will not pay these fees. Day guests visiting for shopping and dining will not incur any charges.

Dave
Dave

The nickel and diming of people have begun. And for the people that say they’ll stay at the Disney Springs hotels, they already charge parking.

Kristin
Kristin

So.. technically if you made your reservation before the 21st you’re excluded from this fee since you were not aware of it at the time you made your reservation.

Johnathon Williams
Johnathon Williams

It is frustrating to see this. I’m glad we got our reservations in early. If this trend continues this may be our last time staying on property.

John
John

Could you park at downtown Disney and just take a bus to the hotel? Trying to think of a workaround…

MrToad
MrToad
Reply to  John

Whats next a $5 fee to get stuck on the ghetto falling apart open door monorail? I need my car since the buses, boats and monorails are never on time or even working. Disney should give me a credit not to use their terrible underfunded outdated transportation options. Leave two hours before if using WDW transportation and you will still be late or drive and get there in 20 mintes tops.

Dan
Dan
Reply to  John

You’ll get towed after 3am. I believe they were even towing cars that parked their during Hurricane Matthew.

Stefan Partridge-wells
Stefan Partridge-wells

Utter disgrace. Guests pay enough to visit WDW without extra costs being added. Costs go up year upon year without justification. Disney earns more than enough profits to sustain the parks without adding these sort of additional costs. I’m appalled. Disney you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Stan Murrler
Stan Murrler

To think there are still suckers out there who will pay these prices no matter what. So many other places in the world that are as nice as Disney a world at a fraction of the cost. To think, people will pay this insane amount of money to see a person dressed in a mouse costume!

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Stan Murrler

To each is own Stan.. everyone has different things they like. No one said that you need to pick going to Disney World over some other place. Go for it! Disney World won’t miss you

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing
Reply to  Mike H

Wendy Mealing
Wendy Mealing
Reply to  Wendy Mealing

Meant for Dan

Dan
Dan

Is there a link to this statement?

Dan
Dan
Reply to  Tom Corless

Thanks Tom, I just wanted to know A. what the source was and B. how they attempted to spin it.

Len H
Len H
Reply to  Dan

It’s posted on the Disney website.

Natalie
Natalie

I am wondering as to where they will draw the line on what disabilities “count” for the parking fee being waived. If I get worried on crowded buses, will that anxiety “count” or will they tell me too bad, so sad? I feel like this is just not going to go well. I never drive at Disney but I feel this parking charge is definitely a bridge too far.

SK
SK
Reply to  Natalie

The fee is waived if you have a handicap sticker or tag hanging from your mirror. That’s what is recognized as handicapped and allows the vehicle in the disignated spots.

Dave Bower
Dave Bower
Reply to  SK

What if you are a disabled visitor from abroad? Would they accept a foreign disabled “Blue Badge”?

BigBri
BigBri

I just called (407) 939-5277 and was directed to Guest Services, and I lodged my complaint. I would suggest doing the same. If they get enough pushback, maybe it changes.

We generally stay at the Fort Wilderness cabins, which each have their own parking spot, and this just might be the point where we decide the Disney greed is too much.

The woman I talked to, Dianne, was sympathetic and seemed to think this fee was ill conceived, without exactly saying so.

FatBri
FatBri
Reply to  BigBri

Hahahaha!

That’s cute. Certainly they will listen and change. Bless your heart.

Progressive Music Lover
Progressive Music Lover
Reply to  BigBri

You probably just got poor Dianne terminated from her job. I know first hand that Disney will not tolerate insolence towards them from a lowly employee.

J
J

Disney, Any way to make a buck and make the Trip to Disney world for rich and famous only

d bass
d bass

that being the case they need to enlarge the spaces. my car received 2 dents this year at all star movies, one on each side. i had been staying at pop century for 11 yrs and never got a ding but was able to park farthest away from the buildings. they need to restripe and put spaces on an angle like publix
guess this is helping to affset the new road construction and transportation

BigBri
BigBri

So, let’s examine some logic:

— You get free parking at the parks if you stay on site, but you pay to park at your resort. Makes no sense.
— Fewer people driving now means more people using Disney transportation. Think the bus system is ready for that?

Bob Iger's Wallet
Bob Iger's Wallet

Oh so you want to limit my pay stockholders, well……… I’ll show you

Paige Phillips
Paige Phillips

I hate to see this. Prices are already high enough, and now it just seems that Disney is “nickel and diming” people to death. I am a die-hard Disney fan…at 45 years old, going to Disney Parks is an experience that immediately takes me back to childhood. The fact that parking was free did not go unnoticed or unappreciated by me. It was one, if not the only “free” thing that Disney offered its guests. I get that $13 a night is not that much in the scheme of things, but it’s frustrating. Sad day.

Lane
Lane

Screw Disney, they have crossed the line of greed.

David
David

$336 for a 2 week stay at a deluxe resort
$256 at moderate
$182 at value

For overseas guests who will stay for 2 weeks, this is extortionate. Regardless of the ‘free’ parking at the parks

K
K
Reply to  David

Over the past several years my family has been looking into other vacations options as the prices continue to rise and the value goes down. We used to travel to WDW twice a year but we have been vacationing at other destinations more and more. This may very well be the straw that breaks the camels back. This is just another senseless money grab, which has become a fine art at WDW.

Jubb jubb
Jubb jubb

This will actually be the straw that breaks my back. Just cancelled 9 night reservation at poly . Sent an FU email to guest services as well. We drive from texas to save money on flying. This is the last straw for my family. I now wish nothing but failure on this souless company.

Maya
Maya
Reply to  Jubb jubb

You realize that if you already had a reservation they weren’t going to charge you, right?

Scott
Scott

The Swan and Dolphin already charge for parking as do the Universal Orlando Hotels.

Andrew
Andrew
Reply to  Scott

this*

jerlev
jerlev

How long will it take for off-property lots to pop up just like the ones near the airport?!? Then they bus you in to your resort…

ScroogeMcDuck
ScroogeMcDuck

Fine. Use this new revenue stream to fix the monorails.