Welcome to an Outdoor Kitchen review for the 2018 International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot. This review will focus on Lotus House outdoor kitchen. Lotus House is located just outside of the China pavilion.
- Spicy Meatballs with Crispy Tofu $5.00
- Fried Chicken Dumplings with Peanut Sauce $6.25
- Vegetable Spring Rolls (V) – $4.50
- Oolong Peach Bubble Tea (Non-alcoholic) $6.75
- BaiJoe Punch: Chinese Bai Jiu Spirit, Lychee, Coconut and Pineapple Juice $11.00
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango and Orange Juice $8.75
- Plum Wine Cooler $8.75
- Tsingtao Lager $3.50
Spicy Meatballs with Crispy Tofu – $5.00
We described these on Twitter as a ‘Meat Gusher’, which is the only proper way to talk about these unfortunate meat balls. They’re pork wrapped in tofu, creating a difficult to cut exterior that when chewed into causes the entire thing to burst open. Texture was a big player in this dish, and we don’t feel anyone should need to suffer through the same bites we did. It’s a pass.
Fried Chicken Dumplings with Peanut Sauce – $6.25
They’re dumplings. Relatively decent size with good flavor, but it’s difficult to stomach over $2 per dumpling.
Vegetable Spring Rolls (V) – $4.50
Although a returning item, they’re classic for a reason. With a crisp exterior and a hot veggie filling, the spring roll may not wow everyone but it’s a solid snack.