New Concept Art Released for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Disney has released a few more images from the new Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway currently under construction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Thanks to Twitter user @ScottFaisFun for posting these pictures.

The first image is a scene from the attraction where Mickey and Minnie animatronics in their own car will be riding alongside your ride vehicle.

The second image is a full three-dimensional mockup of the train engine that will be “pulling” your ride vehicles.

For more information on this new attraction, see our synopsis of the entire attraction we published a few months ago.

Mike H
Mike H

Call me a downer if you’d like, but I just don’t have high hopes or expectations for this attraction… I really feel like it’s going to be a let down.

Andrew Zona
Andrew Zona
Reply to  Mike H

Mike, your feeling is valid and I know why. We’re all scared of change and the unknown. And right now, no one here has experienced the type of ride technology that Disney is putting into this thing….so we have no idea what to expect. Without expectations, doubt forms. A glimmer of hope I want to give you is that Disney is highly aware of the expectations it needs to achieve by closing GMR. This new ride needs to deliver above and beyond current Disney standards but also meet the similar level of entertainment that GMR delivered. Also, Disney has put… Read more »

C
C
Reply to  Mike H

I have high hopes! My kids love the new Mickey cartoons. I am wondering if someone is going crazy with the blacklight paint brush, though..

Jeff
Jeff
Reply to  Mike H

Fascinating insight Mike H.
Way to get the comments rolling…

The fact that animatronics are involved like this gives me a lot of hope for this attraction.
But I’ll reserve judgement until it opens.

Mike H
Mike H
Reply to  Jeff

Sorry Jeff, but I figure that most people don’t want to read an entire page of my nonsense opinion, so I keep it short and to the point.

Andrew Zona
Andrew Zona

I think this is outside the realm of Disney technology that we’re all familiar with.

Wendy
Wendy

We love the mickey shorts and are so excited abt this ride!!